1969 stage 1 convertable

Guest podhorasnewtoy

Guest podhorasnewtoy

i have to let my stage 1 go, i am open to offers but hopefully someone who knows these cars will get it, there are only 212 ever built, 11 left, i have it back to original as well as the original build sheet, will send as many pictures as a person would need, cant seem to get photos to upload but can send them to your emails, my email is markpodhora@hotmail.com, u will not be wasting your time inquiring into this car, its going to be a hard loss for me as any buick lover might understand, iam on the other sites as well, but want to advertise this widely as it must go and it must go to a good home, thanks for your time. sorry its located in alberta

Edited by podhorasnewtoy
more info (see edit history)

With all due respect, you are inthe wrong forum. There won't be any foot traffic here. Go to V8Buick.com

What the hell Jake, where do you get off telling anybody they're in the wrong forum and where to go. Suggesting to them that they may ALSO want to post on the V8Buick site would be fine but telling them they're in the "wrong forum" is just PLAIN WRONG and beyound your rights on this forum. And I don't care for this to become another long winded discussion....you're wrong Jake, please refrain from such dictatorial BS.

BJM has a valid point on this one, the V8 Buick site is a better forum for someone looking to sell a GS.

He was not telling him to delete his post, rather just giving advise on another Buick site that specializes in Skylarks and the GS muscle cars.

I agree with Lamar and others. I believe that the gentleman has the right to post his car for sale on this site if he so chooses. The more exposure the better! I know for a fact that a lot of readers on this site also visit the V8 Buick, Team Buick, 54 Buick and other related sites and visa versa.

Why don't we do use this site for what it was intened to do, which is believe, is enjoying and helping others with their Buicks. It seems like recently there is more interest in it becoming a political forum while picking the fly stuff out of the pepper rather than dealing with Buicks! My 2 Cents

Take this reply for what it's worth...and how much you paid for it :D .

Larmar has a very valid point. Where do you folks think your "new" members will come from? I hate to disappoint you all, but it ain't going to be from folks who own cars built in the 20's through the 60's. In fact, it won't be from the 70's either. It will be from people who own cars built in the past 10-25 years. They now are approaching the age where they have the disposable income to buy their "dream car" from when they were young (or younger, as the case may be...).

Another question. Why do you suppose the GS Club of America, the Buick Performance Group, V8 Buick.com, TurboBuicks.com, TurboBuick.com and others were formed? Wouldn't you rather have them as a part of the BCA? You could easily triple your membership if just half of those folks joined the BCA. Again, why were they formed in the first place? Be truthful in your answer.

I will give credit to the new VP, Brian. He has come over to the BPG site and asked questions, private emailed some of us and really tried to ask around as to what he could do to make us "sporty guys" feel welcome. Kudos to him! Others could learn from his example.

I'll go back under my rock now....

Anybody who knows me knows I am not thin skinned and appeciate any criticism. Lamar is one of the ones entitled to comment the way he did.

Lamar, my point was I have seen a lot of cars on this forum go without being noticed and then the seller comes back on and posts "Anyone?" "No ones interested"?

The 1955 Super 2 door hardtop currently being offered by the seller in Nebraska is one such car.

This forum is more for entertainment in my opinion in that we all check in to see what is being offered but overall few cars and parts change hands off posts in this forum, so a person who is not on here very much probably thinks this is the "end all-be all" for Buick sales and gets disappointed and discouraged.

But Lamar is correct, I should have mentioned to also check out V8 Buick.com as there will be more GS and big block action over there.

Lamar points out something I am infamous for - pronouncements. You won't this, you won't that.... Sometimes correction is OK.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

To get back on topic, the suggestions for the buy and sell forum here do suggest including items like an asking price, location, contact information, and other relevant information. We also do love to see photos here.

I would love this car, and would certainly appreciate its rarity. Unfortunately, with what I expect the price would be, this would be beyond my means at the moment.

Guest podhorasnewtoy

i am going to try and upload photos again but it keeps claiming an error, but i have to tell u guys, i think i am just as interested in the back and forth put out there by diehard buick owners,,,,if the upload does not work please email me and i will send as many as u want, i am proud of this car, but a life turn as forced me to make a choice i didnt think i would ever have to make, i wanted my grandson to own this car,,,,,

Edited by podhorasnewtoy
pictures (see edit history)

Anybody who knows me knows I am not thin skinned and appeciate any criticism. Lamar is one of the ones entitled to comment the way he did.

Wrong again Jake.:) No one is entitled to jump on somebody's case like I did. I could have said the same thing in a much nicer way. It's just something about when I perceive someting negative being said about Buicks, the Bugle and the BCA forum...I just sorta enter the attack mode. Thanks for understanding.

Nuf said, and now on with the show....

Guest my3buicks

I wouldn't know why the BCA/AACA Buick forum wouldn't be an ideal place to advertise a very collectible Buick of any vintage or style. It could sit in my garage any day!!!

Guest wildcat465
Suggestion to all - before clicking on the post reply icon, re-read your post, then take a deep breath, wait a few minutes, and read it again. I do this becuase I don't have any extra room in my mouth for my foot.

As far as I can tell Jim, you have plenty of room for at least two more feet in your mouth.

I am going to try and upload photos again but it keeps claiming an error...

To add images on the bottom of the screen

1) Click on 'Go Advanced'

2) On the top row of your reply box you will see a paper clip. Click on it or on “attach files manage attachments" down the screen-.

3) The 'Manage Attachments' window will appear.

4) Click on the 'Browse' button for that window.

5) A browse dialog will appear. Browse to the location of the file on your computer.

6) Click on the file

7) From the 'Manage Attachments' window click on 'Upload'.

8) Close the 'Manage Attachments' window.

9) Submit your reply when the message text is complete

Be sure to check on the upload screen they are attached by scrolling down

Have also read there is a limit of 2000 pixels when posted as an attachment You can also add images to a gallery. Check your User CP (Control Panel)

For graphics software to resize images (and much more) try IrfanView - Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide. Free to download with many features. Easy to use.

Guest podhorasnewtoy

thanks for the interest and tips on selling my stage 1, it sold last night , sad to see it go but happy to get my asking price, stage 1, mustang, 944 and jag are now all sold, out of these the stage 1 drew the most interest ,easiest sale and the happiest buyer, thats a thumbs up to buick