Stir the pot.

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Just a personal opinion, and I am sure it has been brought up before but I really think that if you drive your car to the national and enter it in the 400 point competition you should automatically receive an additional 10 point minimum (in other words you would start with 410 points) for driving it. Just a little incentive to get members to drive there cars. Let the games begin.

Sid, it is possible under the current system (without adding points). Many have achieved gold/senior by driving to the meet. It is a BIG pain to re-detail a car after traveling. On the other hand not all trailered cars will get top awards.

The blue/white 55 in my avatar is a gold/senior driver.

Willie

Guest sintid58

I know it is possible and this year there were several gold and gold senior winners that were vigorously point out by Pete Phillips at the banquet. I just feel if you have enough kahoonas to drive your 400 point car to the meet you should be awarded something for it.

While I don't begrudge owners of "Trailer Queens"--- Its' their decision, and I completely understand "costs involved" to preserve said "Trailer Queen", I just find it much more enjoyable to drive my cars to the various meets, than in & out of a trailer. Yeah, sometimes you encounter "Road Rash" in the travels, as I did the past 2 years; this year driving to Ames (Rock shattered the right turn signal lens), and coming home from Colorado last year (Rock putting a quarter sized dent in the Front Header panel). I was fortunate enough to find an NOS replacement lens assembly in the swap meet this year and the header was quickly repaired & repainted upon arriving home from Colorado. Things happen and can happen right around home- I still enjoy the ride & comfort that can only really be felt & experienced by driving them. Buicks have always been a nice comfortable riding car. They are great comfortable road cars for cross country driving. I know firsthand. I completely enjoyed my 5 1/2 hour drive home with the top down, made all the sweeter by the Repeat Senior Preservation Award sparkling in the sunshine, sitting on the front seat next to me!!!

P.S. ---- The 69 Riviera GS was driven to the ROA meet in Hershey, PA last month and was one of the easiest & comfortable 12 + hour straight thru drives I have experienced.

The Pot was previously stirred.

At the 1994 National, in Atlanta, a petition was circulated for just that purpose, a separate judging criteria for driven cars vs. trailered.

The petition did not get passed, but a wonderful thing resulted, the BDE!!!!

The Buick Driving Enthusiasts charter membership derived from that petion list.

Become a member and enjoy driving your cars with those who also do.

Dale

Do think a bikini car wash area at the national would help? Maybe we could have tire change competition. Or who's tube radio will pull in the furthers station. If you don't like those, I have many more.