1928 Dodge Victory Six

Guest bucklj

Guest bucklj

We are restoring this wonderful car. We are needing any helpful hints on where to find parts, would be very interested in a parts car if you have one.

• 1 month later...
Guest maynard

Romar is also a good sourse fpr some parts & rebuilding such as water pumps etc. you may wanted to describe your dodge a bit more. I have 2 victorys & each are diferant. ! is a 140 & 1 is a 141. the 1 has wood running boards, shorter doors , shorter hood 19in spokke wheels & the interior is more plain. The other has a better interior. 21 in. wood spoke wheels steel running boards Higher body, longer hood , doors & etc.

Md1931@bellsouth.net

Guest StudeBig6

I have a NOS rear fender (pass. side I think) for a 1928 Dodge Bros. I sold the car, but not the fender. It still has the factory stenciled markings on the underside, but has been primed. I am uncertain if it will fit a Victory (mine was a 4 door sedan, but I think it was a 4-cylinder originally).

In 1970 I bought a 1953 DeSoto Sportsman hardtop from an elderly lady, at the time she told me that she traded in a 1928 Victory six when she bought the DeSoto, and thought the dealer kept the car. I went to see the dealer and the car was in his collection. She kept her cars in good condition and it was very nice. Wire wheels,sidemounts(I think), But what is fuzzy in my head I remember it to have A staggered seating arrangment, could this be? The dealer passed and his collection was broken up, I don't know where the car is today. But I remember it as a sharp,snazzy, sporty looking model that I would love to have in my garage today.---Bob

Edited by Seldenguy (see edit history)

Thanks! It really jogged my memory, I think the jump seat folded out of the dash with the passenger facing rear or sideways? And the big compartment behind the driver served as the trunk for luggage also. The car was blue with cream colored wheels and a lot of spokes in each one. It sure was a very pretty car. Thanks again.---Bob

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...

I am buying a 1928 Dodge Victory.  I have been looking at pic of many Victories, and all I have seen have louvers on both sides of the engine compartment, behind the dual mounted spares.  Mine is a two door.  Engine is not original, and I don't have any chassis numbers yet. This car does NOT have louvers on either side of engine compartment hood doors.  Is this possible, or has someone done work on the sheet metal?  BVD

21 hours ago, BVD2113 said:

I am buying a 1928 Dodge Victory.  I have been looking at pic of many Victories, and all I have seen have louvers on both sides of the engine compartment, behind the dual mounted spares.  Mine is a two door.  Engine is not original, and I don't have any chassis numbers yet. This car does NOT have louvers on either side of engine compartment hood doors.  Is this possible, or has someone done work on the sheet metal?  BVD

Why do you think it is a Victory? Does it have the four inch indent on the doors and rear quarter panel like the picture from Jack M? Pictures of your car would help.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2010 at 9:25 AM, maynard said:

Romar is also a good sourse fpr some parts & rebuilding such as water pumps etc. you may wanted to describe your dodge a bit more. I have 2 victorys & each are diferant. ! is a 140 & 1 is a 141. the 1 has wood running boards, shorter doors , shorter hood 19in spokke wheels & the interior is more plain. The other has a better interior. 21 in. wood spoke wheels steel running boards Higher body, longer hood , doors & etc.

Md1931@bellsouth.net

Guys, Not to be too nit picky but the Victory series was 130 - 131. The 140 - 141 was the Standard series. Continue and Keep 'em Dodgin'