This Makes Me Sick!

R W Burgess

Lets go barf together Wayne - I've heard from more than one reliable source "if GM Did with the GTO what Ford did with the Mustang, Pontiac would still be around." I really believe that the re-introduced GTO was a failure before it was ever introduced. I saw it as a half-hearted attempt. Something like the one in this pic would have certainly caused me to start saving for a new one to park alongside our 67. Do you know if this is a real concept car or just someone's idea of what the GTO "should" have looked like?

See you in Philly.

Terry

Even if Pontiac still existed, that does not mean that this car would have ever been built. GM used to build tons of concept cars, many very cool ones, that never got anywhere near production. I am talking about the last 10 years too, not the 1950's.

What surprises me is not that this car did not get built, but that the Camaro actually did.

If they had actually based the new GTO on this instead of that lame Cavalier look alike Holden, I bet it would have sold way better.

Guest my3buicks
Pontiac was outselling Buick, but GM chose to keep Buick, possibly due to the strength of Buick sales in China.

Or better yet, the Buick GNX

Guest ZondaC12

I wish we saw THIS get built. Stumbled upon it one night, chevelle forum that had a little contest and a member juuuuust happened to be a really skilled computer 3-D modeler. I think it's a great adaptation of the 68-72 A-body into today's styling. The front end looks like everything Chevy makes. And the Audi-esque LED's would be siiiiiick. :cool:

Chevy_Chevelle_by_Taglane.jpg