HOW COOL IS THIS!!

Steve Moskowitz

Guest JR Cars

So very cool! It's refreshing to know in this day and age that people are still 'fooling the eye' without the use of CGI. Add some stop-motion animation, and you have the next-big low-budget film!

I did not notice that they were models until quite late in the slide show.

What I DID notice and struck me right from the start was how clean the streets were and the good condition of the paving. What was going through my mind was how far our public services have fallen since those good old days. And how nice it would be to live where and when public pride and willingness to pay taxes allowed streets to be clean and paving to be smooth. This concept is probably as fictional as the dioramas.

Same here. The first ones looked like real cars.

As for how clean the streets were, there was a time when people would not have just thrown trash out of their cars or on the sidewalks. But much of today's society doesn't care. The world is their trash can. Like a guy I saw last summer. His baby daughter, about seventeen or eightteen months old took the wrapper off of a sucker and handed it to her daddy. He wadded it up and threw it on the ground rather than put it into his pocket or a trash can/litter bag in the car and get rid of it properly. That is just sad.