BCA Member Scott Mich

dkbuick75

It is with deep sadness that I am posting this notice on our forum site. Fellow Longtime BCA (# 6619) & Chicagoland Chapter Member Scott Mich passed away earlier today, Saturday the 16th around Noon. I do not have any further info at this time of writing. I do know that Scott belonged to several different car clubs besides BCA. I know of the AACA, Olds National and Corvair clubs for fact. Sorry if I missed the names of any other Clubs or Chapters Scott belonged to, as these were the ones I know he spoke of the most. Scott was the most recent Past-Director of the Chicagoland Chapter of BCA, serving as our director for 4 years and was my right hand man as Ass't Director of the Chapter during my 4 year tenure as Chapter Director. Scott was very active within our chapter and instrumental in hosting, and with the running of several Chapter events and car shows every year. He was always there to offer his time and help, whenever asked. Scott will be deeply missed by all his car club friends & family. He will be remembered for his enthusiam, commoraderie, and friendship. The BCA, Chicagoland Chapter, and other clubs have lost a valuable member of the hobby.

I on the other hand have lost a Cherished Friend. Gods Speed My Friend

This is indeed sad news this Sunday morning. While I never met him in person he and I did communicate back and forth through PM's here and emails. He was always quick to offer no nonsense advise and help. I have been wondering where he has been over the last several months and never knew he was ill. So another great Buick club member leaves us.

May we look back in fond memory to some of Scotts words

http://forums.aaca.org/search.php?searchid=105676

and pictures of his beloved 55 Roadmaster convertible and 59 Olds

- AACA PHOTO GALLERY

Thanks Scott and may the gold paved streets of heaven be not near as bumpy as the streets you left behind.

Guest avc1966

Scott was a good friend and member of our local car club On The Road Classics which runs a cruise night in our hometown called Park on Park. This was his second battle with cancer in a few years, and this time it wouldn't quit. Hard to imagine someone so full of life not being around anymore.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicagotribune/obituary.aspx?n=scott-jamie-mich&pid=138664391

Guest my3buicks

I got to know Mitch when I was Regional & Chapter Coordinator, he was always helpful, and on top of things. We had some great conversations, he will be missed.

Guest DaveCorbin

A very sad "Second" to all of Don Adam's comments. I was the director in Chicago in the early 1980's and have had the privilege of knowing Scott for about 30 years.

I too have lost a friend.

Dave Corbin, BCA2756