What old car thing did Santa bring you?

keiser31

Sadly another year goes by without my wished for 1935 (or 36) Auburn Boat-tailed Speedster (bright red please) or a 1965 Dodge Dart GT (bright red, lots of chrome and a black vinyl Victoria top please, just like the one my mom and dad had) under the tree. Maybe next year.......

New 1.6" wide-whitewall radial tires for the '70 Caddy convertible (I mounted and balanced on Friday), a gift-certificate for an Overdrive unit for the Packard, and a copy of "Wheels for the World, (Henry Ford, His Company, and a Century of Progress) by Douglas Brinkley - 858 pages and our daughter found it at a Dollar Store.

I had asked Santa for a first run bright red Dodge Viper under our tree, but either it was too cold for him to deliver or he just isn't that into me.

Bad news keiser31. Now I know where those tire tracks came from through the snow in the yard. :eek: Santa ditched the team and the sleigh and used your Viper to deliver the gifts. :rolleyes:

Guest Brian Scott

Not really an old car thing but I got a 79 sportster. It was purchased from an old biker and it is old school chopper like, from its apehangers to its straight fishtail pipes. I'm going to keep it the way it is as an example of how bikers use to be--------plus its really fun riding it like that. It's amazing how he got that old ironhead 1000 to be so fast.

Guest craig hewitt

I got a 89 pearl allante sweet never had a convert ever and im 51 and had hundreds of cars. Wished for a grand national but doesnt everyone Craig

I was under the impression that all of them were black.....am I wrong?

The first edition in 1982 was a 2-tone silver/pewter combination. My co-chair in the old BCA National Pike Chapter in Pittsburgh (hear known as HurstGN) has an all-silver one that was factory ordered that way in 1982 as well.

Edited by Dave@Moon (see edit history)

Actually This year BJM and DShip were my Santa's for mentioning site mash : : combined classified and auction listings and DShip for providing the link so I didn't have to hunt all over the net. I went on the list out of curiousity and in several minutes spotted a 4 day old add for 4 N.O.S. Excelsior 30 x 3 1/2 tires for $100.00! Figuring it was 1. a misprint or 2. Gone the first hour, I sent an email. On the next day#5 I called and found a young fellow who said lot's had responded but nobody had shown up yet. I asked if he would hold them till I could get over there (Maryland) while visiting my family in Virginia over the holidays. Tonight tires are in my car ready for the trip home to Georgia. Thanks guys for helping my Maxwell to a new pair of shoes at giveaway prices. It never would have happened without your assistance.

Howard Dennis