I'm not one to complain, but...(new ebay)

TG57Roadmaster

I know there are all kind of complaints of the "new ebay," but this is kind of ridiculous.

I did a search for 1930 Isotta-Fraschini, and about 50 of these radio antennae came up...

Unless I'm mistaken, this piece of junk applies about as much to a 1930 Isotta-Fraschini

as my grandma's outhouse resembles the Taj Mahal. Why do we have to put up with this

sort of excrement? I'm sick of looking for "vintage parts (insert your year & car here),"

only to have dozens of these ersatz POS's turn up.

Is anybody listening? Are we going to have raise up in rebellion, pitchforks and torches

in hand until the recalcitrant site in San Jose takes notice?

If not, and they keep this crap up, boy oh boy Boycott!

TG

I was pleased to learn that they also stock an OEM replacement radio antenna for our 1909 Hupmobile. I was worried that I would have a hard time replacing the original one when it wears out from receiving too many radio waves. ;)

Seriously, this "carpart" outfit must be a 'Bot that latches on to a search for any part for any car of any year. I'm sure eBait loves it and gets a listing fee for each fraudulent listing.

Money talks and BS walks as they say. :rolleyes:

Guest stuckon50s

I had the same experience while serching for 53 Dodge parts. I contacted seller to let them know it wasn't correct, they told me it was interchangable, and was correct. Told Ebay about it, and they don't seem to care !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Yes, same antennae is listed in my Bugatti search, about 10-12 of them. My question is what type of a$$ lists 10-12 of ANYTHING with hopes of collecting bids? List ONE, get a bidding war started sell to the highest bidder then offer SCEOND CHANCE offers of more crap to the other bidders? Just like a Hoover vacuum cleaner the eBay shipping part of auction listings sucks. Merry Christmas!

Who is developing the theory of the american business schools,,the theory of how not to run,,,,,annything,,,,Come to think of it,,Henry Ford discoverd he couldnt hire good workers,,,so formed up the Henry Ford tech school,,,complete with its own text books,,,Cheers Ben

Packard 8,

That's some astonishingly advanced '09 Hupp you have! I'm surprized you didn't

opt for this 12V, power antenna

TG

My late grandfather bought the Hupp in the '20's from an old hermit in Western Kansas named "Uncle Jake".

Uncle Jake was a rather frugal old chap and didn't opt for the factory installed CD/MP3/GPS option that Hupp offered that year...just the AM radio.

Who is developing the theory of the american business schools..?

Forget theories postulated in actual bastions of knowledge; this stuff is the spawn

of late-night info-mercials..."Tiny Little Ads Will Make You Rich!"

All it takes is one unsuspecting schmuck.

Multiplied by thousands, that is.

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

And here we get occasional posts on when a radio was first offered in a car, and we're envious because we do'nt have the original radio for our car yet. I guess we'll have to keep hunting at the swap meets. We'll always be able to get the proper antenna on eBay later!

kaycee

I believe that they think the new search engine that theyare using is more dynamic and will return better results. I've noticed that if any time that I've searched for 1931 it returns anything with 31 in it, be it #31, 31%, 3.31, or what ever other combination contains 31 in it. It's a hassel to type a long complex search to omit all the potential combinations. The same occurs when searching for my 1968 or 1969. It may also be that the greeat thinkers assume that this opens up the possibility for the "if they see it they will buy" mentality. I just want to see results for what I type with out having to "write a program" to do it.

Thanks! I never thought of that, but have see the commercials,sell on the internet and never have to stock inventory. Wonder how long it takes the moron to loose his shirt on that deal. Merry Christmas!

Forget theories postulated in actual bastions of knowledge; this stuff is the spawn

of late-night info-mercials..."Tiny Little Ads Will Make You Rich!"

All it takes is one unsuspecting schmuck.

Multiplied by thousands, that is.

TG

I know there are all kind of complaints of the "new ebay," but this is kind of ridiculous.

I did a search for 1930 Isotta-Fraschini, and about 50 of these radio antennae came up...

This "seller" currently has over half a million ACTIVE listings on eBay. If you or I were to drop a minimum of $50K every month of 30 day "eBay Store" listings they'd listen to what we cared about too.:rolleyes:

I typed 'Marmon' on eBay tonight and after wading through the antennas, I ran into cigarette lighters (and not original ones for my '27 which I do'nt need anyway). If I go into 'auctions only', I can bypass this stuff, but I never know if a seller has something different that I'd want for the Marmon or '28 Pontiac listed in the 'buy it now' items, so I guess I'll have to put up with eBay's choices for now. 'Talk about time consuming!

kaycee:):confused:

I use the "Saved Searches" option to search each time I go on ebay. When I run into someone like the antenna seller, I open the item and send a notification, using the "Ask a question" option indicating I have placed him on my "Exclude Seller" list. This eliminates all his postings in the future. I don't appreciate the shotgun type seller and as a protest, I refuse to even view his items. If I were nasty, I would send the same message for each posting.

post-41405-143138150342_thumb.jpg

But haven't you also discovered that Google either cannot read or wants to convince you that you did not know how to spell the name of what you are looking for. Sometimes you can look for information on a particular subject and it will offer 10,000 site options and 9,998 of them will have absolutely nothing to do with what you asked for. You just have well gone to World Book to begin with.

These are all the work of the guy that designed the hugely successful and loved addition of POP-UPS and now BACK POP-UPS ;)

I have found that no matter how one figures a work-around of the inovative processes that EBay in particular figures ut a way to defeat you the customer!

If you tap 'world' in the search menu left you get fewer auctions. My only guess is tha 'normal' must include items outside EARTH!

If you have 'Saved Sellers' outside the US you must open any EU EBay to see what they have. Again I guess EBay is trying to help USPS export mail

I would guess this is all done to hold down sales and therefore stock prices in favor of someone

Guest simplyconnected

I ...Told Ebay about it, and they don't seem to care !

EBay told me, "We can't make sellers, sell, and we can't make buyers, buy."

They truly DON'T care, and why should they? These people are in business to make money, by bringing buyers and sellers together. Period. It's easy to see why they own PayPal. They make big bucks, now, and couldn't be bothered by a few transactions or feedback complaints. Bottom line is, you're on your own, so don't look for help from eBay OR PayPal.

I bought a nice ring for a decent price, and paid immediately with PayPal; a birthday present for my wife, and in plenty of time. The seller claimed she couldn't find the item, gave me a full refund, and later relisted it for more money.

Another guy listed high-ratio rocker arms. I won, paid immediately, and he shipped. Opened the package, they were not high-ratio, and his listing was misrepresented. They were just like the thousands I already have. Wrote the seller showing him pictures of his part numbers, he claimed he didn't know part numbers but he went by what was written on the cardboard box 50 years ago. After teaching him how to read casting numbers, he wanted me to ship them back at my expense. From here it could have gone wrong.

I explained, I already paid for shipping, and if he wants them back, he will pay for return-shipping. He refunded my money and told me to keep the item. Then, he said he has the real high-ratio arms. Ok, he feels he's done with our transaction, and wants to relist more arms because he thinks they're worth more than I paid. I offered to pay the same amount for the correct parts, but he claimed that would be illegal since the transaction is outside of eBay.

A week of my time was wasted and I still needed high-ratio rockers. A few weeks later, I won a set from another seller for twenty bucks less.

Point is, the best eBay can do (and the most you can hope for) is cancel the transaction and make everyone refund. It's always about money, and nothing more.

Guest broker-bob

---those people with the antena my daily driver is a 96 Merc the door window unit is very much prone to break the dealer wanted $ 100.00 local auto parts store $ 50.00 if it is the people I delt with they had it for I think $ 19.00 they are in calafornia said they have any part of any car and they paid the shipping 3 days I think I recomend them---------------Broker bob