Merry Christmas

Joe Cozza

Guest simplyconnected

Yes! Merry Christmas! Let's not forget the men and women of our military, who willingly gave up their freedom so that we may enjoy ours. God Bless every one of them, especially our lonely snipers, and the poor GI who dreams of reuniting with his classic Chevy and his family. I hope the coming Happy New Year will bring all of us good health, peace and prosperity. - Dave

And merry Christmas to all forum members from Australia - even to that disaffected individual who insists on messing up the 1916 Dodge thread. I hope he gets to realise that life is too short to harbour grudges. Enjoy it while you can - particularly at this time of year.

Speaking of enjoyment, it has been 35 degrees C here (95F) today- enough to make your DB boil. Better than having to risk the hypothermia and block cracking which you in the Northern US are probably facing. Prawns and cold beer for Christmas dinner tomorrow - eat your hearts out!

Looking forward to another year of useful info from a great bunch of people.

Keep safe and warm.

Tony

Guest Honolulu Dick

Aloha to all from the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

To SimplyConnected, a hardy thanks for remembering our warrior brothers and sisters giving so unselfishly of themselves in the Sand Box and A-stan. As you correctly stated, especially the lonely sniper who keeps in the shadows, ever on alert, keeping vigilant for that fleeting target of opportunity. Without complaining, he humps those steep Afghan hills in 105-degree heat, wearing a heavy helmet with sighting devices, a 65-pound armored vest loaded with canteens of water, ammunition and the rations needed to keep him healthy and strong. This time of year he is fighting not only the enemy, but also the freezing weather, laying in the deep snow in the prone position, at the ready, always alert and searching. These are the very best that our wonderful nation has to offer. They fully deserve our undivided respect. I, for one, cherish them deeply.

In the Hawaiian language---Mele Kalikimaka = Merry Christmas. Mahalo = Thank You.

Trusting, that through my ignorance, I haven't violated your established rules of engagement. Have never posted here before.

Mele Kalikimaka to all you good DB folks.

Mahalo,

Honolulu Dick

Vietnam Veteran

32-months in-country

Guest simplyconnected

Mele Kalikimaka to all you good DB folks.

Mahalo,

Honolulu Dick

Vietnam Veteran

32-months in-country

Dick, my clock just struck "Christmas Day" and as I read your post I am humbled with a profound feeling of gratitude.

Please post more often, as we have much to learn from your experiences.

Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters ring that song in my ear; "Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day..."

It's freezing in Detroit and I wish I could see a few of those palm trees sway on this Christmas Day. - Dave

It's very hard for me to believe you have nothing better to do on Christmas day then to be this way. Please go away!! Or better yet, come to the Gettyburg Nat'l meet. Bring the car you CLAIM was looked down on. I'd really like to hear first hand why you have so much hate for a group that you don't belong to. Personally, I don't believe you were ever at a Nat'l meet or a member of the DBC.

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)

Merry Christmas to everyone from frozen Northern Colorado. We are at 16F with a 30 mph wind. Our 8" snow is blowing up into drifts, Oh well could be worse, just have to keep those milk cows from freezing up, need to get back out side to work. Don't care what anyone has to say, I still like the DB family and all DB people, still a bunch of Good people!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone

Chuck

It's very hard for me to believe you have nothing better to do on Christmas day then to be this way. Please go away!! Or better yet, come to the Gettyburg Nat'l meet. Bring the car you CLAIM was looked down on. I'd really like to hear first hand why you have so much hate for a group that you don't belong to. Personally, I don't believe you were ever at a Nat'l meet or a member of the DBC.

Doug,

It takes two to have a argument. Without a response the argument doesn't happen and goes away.;)

MERRY CRISTMAS TO ALL.

I am about 100 miles north eat of winter park, out on the great plains of Colorado, about 45 miles south of Cheyenne, Wyoming. They don't have any gates to stop the wind out here, been blowing all day, got some nice snow drifts. 22F right now.

Except for this kind of weather, it's not bad living in the open space, if I was able, I would move to Wyoming, I realy like it up there. I'm glad you just like to visit, I just wished many others would think the same way. The nearest town is either Greeley or Fort Collins is 25 miles. One of the greatest things is to go out on a crisp night and see the stars, makes a person feel very small and tells me that someone much greater than I created all this.

Thank YOU a lot, Joe and TonyAus, for going whining and sniveling to the webmaster to get me kicked out of the group every time I say anything with which you don't agree!

You both represent the epitome of the Dodge Bros. "thought police" in your full glory, and are a perfect example of why I would NEVER re-join the DB Club!

Although I realize there are SOME normal DB folks, in general I have never met a more strange and judgmental group of people who clearly feel they are superior to others even though most of them can't write or spell correctly! It is a minor mystery to me why they feel so superior, except that insecurity often makes people act that way. And you have good reason to feel insecure!

You can complain to the webmaster and call me names all you want, but I am NEVER going to stop saying how I really feel.

Have a nice Christmas day!

YouCan'tHandleIt

The point I was trying to make is that this forum is not the place to air your obsessions, real or imagined. Lighten up! If the DB people don't suit you, do your own thing. See http://feralsportscarclub.net/. I would commend this group as they suit themselves and do so with with self-deprecating humour.

In contrast, I am an anal retentive who gets bogged down in detail and unrealistically seeks perfection - but I recognise this and can laugh at myself for being such a ratbag. Look at yourself occasionally.

And no, I did not complain to the webmaster.

Tony

In contrast, I am an anal retentive who gets bogged down in detail and unrealistically seeks perfection - but I recognise this and can laugh at myself for being such a ratbag. Look at yourself occasionally.

You spelled recognize incorrectly ;)