Got my new "classic" home! Thanks !!

Mika Jaakkola

Thanks guys.

I guess it went like this: "The man who owns a Pierce-Arrow envies no one" :)

So, that's the way I'm feeling now. ;)

Jeff, I didn't want to "shout it out loud" until I really had it. You know, anything could happen... It's a 1935 model 845 (with straight 8) .

Orange engine? Sorry Roger, I will put a 440 under the hood - I was thinking Mopar Turqoise.

Mika,

The only modified Pierce-Arrow I would like to find is Nikola Tesla's 1930. Of course, if the stories about it are true and it really exists, it would be worth a lot (Bill Gates might have to get a loan to buy it ;)).

Seriously, that is a very nice automobile. Is it a 7-Passenger Limousine or a 5-Passenger? I'm glad that you got the shipping completed successfully on such a large "package". ----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Guest DeSoto Frank

Mika - you need to find a "12-port Jimmy" with 3 deuces to go in there ! :D

Looks like a solid old Pierce ! Glad it made it home !

Keep us posted !

Regards,

Frank

:cool:

Jeff, I'm not quite sure what model is it.. I haven't checked the serial tag yet... It's located in frame behind front wheel. I'm starting to be too old to bend myself that low (just turned 30years) ... 845 5 passenger it is, no jump seats.

It's really cool vehicle!! You can really see the BEST engineering work of the era when you look at it. It even has "Free Wheeling" handle located under dash :) LOL

Guest abh3usn

Beauty. Love the '36. There was a photo feature in Classic Automobiles ten years ago or so. The car was a dark blue. I also remember a Drive Report in Special Interest Auto before it became Hemmings Classic Car, that car was pea green. I will dig around and see if I can find it.