Hershey weather

old car fan

Experience has shown me for many years that weather forecasts more than 1 or 2 days ahead of time are simply not worth paying attention to.

I worked at one of the largest VW Events of it's kind in the USA last weekend. The weather forecast was all over the place the entire week before the event. The morning of the event it rained almost 2 inches which made it a challenge for the 1,300+ show cars and 5,000-7,000 spectator cars on grass fields.

Two Ford F250 Super Duty pickup trucks got stuck in the mud trying to park their trailers. You should have seen the look on the faces of the owners of these trucks when I offered to pull them out with my Toyota 4Runner. The look of total disbelief turned to sincere gratitude after I pulled them out without my 4Runner even breaking a sweat.

After dealing with this situation last weekend, I got to thinking about how the show field at Hershey would fair with 2 inches of rainfall just before and during the car show event. I sincerely hope we never find out.

Guest windjamer

Just last week someone posted that it was realy raining hard as they where sitting up the tents and the rest of the work involved and he said he hoped it would rain all week and get it out of the system.All I can say is if it DONT STOP we will all know who to blame;) and 30 lashes with a wet nodle shall be appropreate;);)I dont want to mention any names but his initials are Steve M.:eek: Muddy fields and OLD cars dont mix. See how I kept the post car related??:)

Guest kingsting

Too early to tell.

Central PA weather people don't have a clue as to what's going to happen 6 hours from now, let alone next week. I think they just look out the window and guess.

Right now they're calling for partly cloudy with a chance of showers for the beginning of next week.

The latest 10 day forecast - I know, I know - partly to mostly cloudy Weds and Thurs, showers Friday, rain Saturday. Temps starting at 70° the first of the week with a steady decline to the high 50's - low 60's for the weekend.

I'm bringing summer clothes, my winter parka, boots and rain gear. Got it covered no matter what.

Check out the following weather forecasts for Hershey, PA and choose the one(s) you like best:

AccuWeather.com - Hershey, PA - 15 Day Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

10 Day Weather Forecast for Hershey, PA - weather.com

7-Day Zone Forecast for Dauphin County

USWX : Weather -> PA -> Hershey (17033)

Hershey, Pennsylvania (17033) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

As you can see, some of the forecasts vary in what they say.

Today being Sunday, it is still far too many days out for these forecasts to be anywhere near accurate for Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully as the week progresses the forecasts will show less chance of rain. Time and Mother Nature will tell.

BTW, I too pack for all different weather and temperature conditions. After all, isn't that what we have come to expect at Fall Hershey??? :)

Guest windjamer
Maybe on your side of the isle, but mine will be sunny with cash crazed customers. :D

:) Oh yes 37hd. I like your forcast, you got hula girls too right??:D

The official unofficial Green Field Rain Guage: I'd say we got 1/3 inch of rain over 2 days.

Hershey2009rain.jpg

The official unoffical Green Field Wind Guage: Nothing blew away that I couldn't catch up with.

Hershey2009wind.jpg

Got a bit wet, had some wind, felt some warm sun. New friends and old friends... the ususal.