Pebble Beach pictures

Guest Dean_H.

Guest Dean_H.

Pebble Beach Concours is this week. Yesterday my wife and I drove down to Carmel to see some of the cars on one of the tours. They stop for lunch and admission is free for onlookers. It was difficult to find parking, we had to walk a mile or so to get to the cars. Later when we got back to our car one of the locals cursed at us for congesting their streets. We chuckled about that, it was a little slow getting out of there.

Getting the whole car in the picture wasn't easy with so many people.

2009_concours.jpg

Check out the glass steering wheel

2009_concours016.jpg

Saw a car with not too many people around and snapped a picture of my wife in front of it before someone walked into the frame.

2009_concours030.jpg

This big Duesenberg got my attention

2009_concours100.jpg

When the cars started to leave I was having trouble finding a place where I could get good pictures

2009_concours108.jpg

Finally walked down the street a few blocks and got a good spot to take pictures2009_concours145.jpg

There seem to be a lot of English cars

2009_concours148.jpg

.2009_concours152.jpg

.2009_concours157.jpg

.2009_concours158.jpg

Pebble Beach Concours is this week. Yesterday my wife and I drove down to Carmel to see some of the cars on one of the tours.

Dean, loved the pictures and of course, Carmel itself. Those buildings look to be the same street my family was on 2 years ago. Love that little town!:)

What a spectacular group of pictures AND the cars are being driven!:) For car afficianados it is a special week with all that is going on. The auctions this year have so many fabulous cars it defies description. RM's sale of the Woody collection and the Miller race cars should be special. I got a ride in the V-16 so I am a bit sorry to see it go. Hope the weather stays great and send us more pictures!

Guest Dean_H.

Yes indeed, these cars bring out the drool. And Carmel is a beautiful place. If you come out to visit the Monterey Bay, and money is not a problem, stay in Carmel. Not so well off.... but still would like to see the Bay, go to the north end (Santa Cruz).

Currently there's big forest fire in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Evidently soot is drifting down to Pebble Beach and settling on the cars. It's causing some problems.

Where I live, 20 miles east of Santa Cruz, the smoke was rough yesterday. Visibility was down to about a mile. Today doesn't look much better. The people living up there have a reputation of growing cannabis. I'll most likely be in a giggly mood for a while :-)

Getting back on topic, here are some more pictures from Friday.

It's amusing to see how stressed the drivers look.

a2009_concours.jpg

After a Duesenberg, I'd like to add one of these to cart.

a2009_concours032.jpg

a2009_concours036.jpg

This poor fellow missed lunch to fix his car. I joined the crowd in staring him down.

a2009_concours047.jpg

Very cool!

a2009_concours051.jpg

a2009_concours091.jpg

Keep plenty of oil on that chain :-)

a2009_concours092.jpg

a2009_concours093.jpg

This motor cycle was loud and the driver kept reving the engine. It was nice to see him go so I could hear the other motors.

a2009_concours146.jpg

It takes a brave owner and an awesome car to pull this color off.

a2009_concours190.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

With so many great looking cars this Cord was below the radar

a2009_concours213.jpg

Hopefully this dude has his seat belt tight

a2009_concours222.jpg

It's hard to believe you could get so close to such beauty. The owners were very gracious to allow people to walk around these. What a great country we live in!

a2009_concours025.jpg

Guest abh3usn

Wow, Dean awesome photos! Nice to see so many English cars. I love that supercharged Bently! I'm sure it sounded wonderful! That Cord was beautiful as well. Also nice to see some old iron as well. I'm sure half the people there didn't understand what they were looking at though. -Steve

Guest Dean_H.

I don't know what that '40 ford look-a-like is. It had the letters RJM on the side of the hood. Here is the last of the pictures

This big Packard looks like the sister ship of the green one.

b2009_concours221.jpg

Here's an odd ball

b2009_concours226.jpg

b2009_concours217.jpg

b2009_concours214.jpg

b2009_concours154.jpg

b2009_concours068.jpg

I'm looking at the spare tire on this V16 Caddy and thinking - That wheel could be more valuable than my net worth :-)

b2009_concours060.jpg

What a great looking Rolls Royce

b2009_concours044.jpg

b2009_concours006.jpg

Now this is a fine looking car.

b2009_concours.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

I should have said clear or see-thru steering wheel, Keiser. You're probably correct on the 'Lincoln' ID as well. That car didn't interest me too much after looking at the other stuff out there. It was nicely redone though.

Guest Paul Christ

Thank you for taking the time to post those spectacular photos. I enjoyed them so much, that I'm going to scroll back and have another look!

Paul

That grey Lincoln K convertible sedan is listed in the book "80 Years of Lincoln - Mercury" It was modified right when it was new and is considered "authentic." It was in Dayton, Ohio for a long time and sold to an East Coast collecter a couple years ago who restored it.

That grey Lincoln K convertible sedan is listed in the book "80 Years of Lincoln - Mercury" It was modified right when it was new and is considered "authentic." It was in Dayton, Ohio for a long time and sold to an East Coast collecter a couple years ago who restored it.

Mmmmm....just as I suspected.

Guest Dean_H.

Thanks for the compliments and info on that Lincoln, I was just discussing it with a guy who thought it was a La Salle.

The crowd made it hard to get photos, but I must say I was impressed with how the old cars are getting so much interest even with the economy being what it is. I heard there was record attendance at the main Concours event. Entry tickets are $175.00 per person at the gate. A little too pricey for me.

There were lot's of cars that I missed. I really tried to get a photo of this Auburn but the crowd was too much where it was parked. Sadly when it was leaving, I half missed it again.

c2009_concours238.jpg

Here's a nice green Duesenberg that almost got away. I came to see the Duesenbergs, they make my day.

c2009_concours129.jpg

Some little cars, ....Morgan's?

c2009_concours082.jpg

Look at this beauty, I love those tires.

c2009_concours174.jpg

Another shot of the big white Duesey for Kieser.

c2009_concours197.jpg

Look at those smiles, they're having a great time. I'm green with envy! :-)

c2009_concours199.jpg

That "black beauty" is British Daimler, with V-12 engine, sleeve valve so has 12 rods with pistons and another 24 smaller rods controlling sleeve valves (2 per cylinder), 23" wheels

Previous Features on PreWarCar.com - Showing 2958 - 2949 - PreWarCar.com

There is similar one existing in roadster body,

Daimler Double-Six 50 Corsica Drophead Coupé - Supercars.net

Only now you wont sleep :-)