Bruegger's Buick Books

danhar1960

I'm interested in getting a copy of "The 1937/38 Buick Story" and "The 1939 Buick Story". I see they have an add on the Prewar.com site. Does anyone have these books ?? Are they hardback or softcover ?? Does Bruegger's Buick Books have an email address ??

Any info would be appreciated.

Danny

I have the 1939. Soft cover 102 pages spiral bound foolscap size (280mm x 215mm) Basically a collection of USA advertisements & some text. I did buy another year but can’t find it. Have also misfiled the letter that came with them. He advertises in the Buick Bugle, but no email listed.

I have the 37-38 story and found it to be very well done and very informative. It is soft cover spiral bound,got it about 4 yr's ago and actually just pulled it out the other day to browse thru I'll look to see if I have any contact info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Thriller

A week or so ago, I got a glossy form describing each of the books with an order form on the back...I've been meaning to scan it to PDF...I'll try to get to that tonight.

Guest imported_Thriller

I've scanned it, but it won't let me attach a PDF. I guess if someone wants an electronic copy, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you...unless of course I can sweet-talk Roberta into posting somewhere on the BCA site....

After getting this, I did start looking at how much it is going to cost me...sigh.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wayneMP

Hi, I just received my 37-38 Buick book and it is worth the money considering the content. The book itself is not a "coffee table book". It is spiral bound, colour on the covers, black only inside. The pages appear to have been run off on a good laser printer. Well worth having if you have a 37 or 38 Buick. He does a number of other books as well. You can reach him at;

Walter Bruegger, BCA #31180, 2432 Bridwell Way, Hayward,CA 94545, (415)399-6451

He would be happy to send you some "glossy fliers" promoting his various Buick books. I received a number of them and handed them out to our local club members....you are welcome Derek.

• 15 years later...

"Holy Thread Revival Batman"

Before I call the number in this thread 15 years after it was written, does anyone know if this book is still being produced and sold by the writer?

I would prefer to support him as the first option if possible, before looking on the second-hand market.

Thanks if you can help,

Dave

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, furballx said:

"Holy Thread Revival Batman"

Before I call the number in this thread 15 years after it was written, does anyone know if this book is still being produced and sold by the writer?

I would prefer to support him as the first option if possible, before looking on the second-hand market.

Thanks if you can help,

Dave

My understanding is may Walter Bruegger have passed away.  But hope I am incorrect

https://radaris.com/~Walter-Bruegger/1434886158

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Walt-Bruegger/author/B00JN1B8SK?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

Thanks for the reply @1939_Buick 

Sad news, but thanks also for the links.

If anyone knows for sure the he has passed please let me know.

I would hate to bother his family with a phone call about a book if he has.

Thanks,

Dave

I think you should look on the used book market or the upcoming BCA national.  I have searched a few times in the last couple years and have not found any new info on him.  Fortunately I have the books I am interested in from his collection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@furballx  Is it the 39 book you are after?  If I know what you are looking for, I could watch for it at the upcoming National in level and and let you know.  You never know what you might find in the flea market.  

I highly recommend going to a National if it is ever in your area, whatever that might be.  You see more Buick cars and parts without walking 18 miles like at Hershey.  It’s all at one hotel usually. ( Cleveland this year).

I have several years of his books. Sat next to him at the Allentown Meet banquet. The books are a treasure trove of information. I hope he is still with us..

On 6/1/2024 at 12:19 AM, Century Eight said:

@furballx  Is it the 39 book you are after?  If I know what you are looking for, I could watch for it at the upcoming National in level and and let you know.  You never know what you might find in the flea market.  

I highly recommend going to a National if it is ever in your area, whatever that might be.  You see more Buick cars and parts without walking 18 miles like at Hershey.  It’s all at one hotel usually. ( Cleveland this year).

Hi @Century Eight, I am after the '37 book if it pops up please.  

It is a bit hard for me to find this stuff at Nationals as I am in Sydney, Australia and we do not see a lot of it surface!

We have Buick nationals here regularly but the range of gear for sale is far more restricted than you guys see in the USA.

Thanks for the suggestions, and for the topic bump all the same!

Dave

@furballx I will try to remember to keep my eye open for this.  Have you ever tried contacting the 37-38 Club?  There are a lot of active guys on that site.  I’m sure you know about it. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am leaving for the National tomorrow and will try to keep my eye open for this.  Have you tried placing a notice in the BCA Bugle under the wanted section?  It could work and not everyone is out to gouge you.  Just sayin’

24 minutes ago, Century Eight said:

I am leaving for the National tomorrow and will try to keep my eye open for this.  Have you tried placing a notice in the BCA Bugle under the wanted section?  It could work and not everyone is out to gouge you.  Just sayin’

Thanks Phil, I appreciate the help.  

I will look into the Bugle.  I am a member of the NSW (Australian) Buick club, but not the US club.

You are right, there are plenty of good items for sale in clubs at reasonable prices.

Regards,

Dave

Sorry Dave, I struck out.  Didn’t see a single one of Bruegger’s books at the show.  I would just try an occasional want ad in the Bugle.  Happy hunting.

Phil

Edited by Century Eight (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 6:38 AM, Century Eight said:

Sorry Dave, I struck out.  Didn’t see a single one of Bruegger’s books at the show.  I would just try an occasional want ad in the Bugle.  Happy hunting.

Phil

Thanks for looking Phil, I appreciate it. 

No doubt one will turn up eventually!

Dave 

2 hours ago, furballx said:

Can you point me to the 37-38 club please Phil?

Yes ,, on the search part of the forum, look for Matt Hinson ,  or “36-38 Buick Club”. That club is a division of the Buick Club of America.  Should be easy to find  or check back again .    Matt is the head of it I believe, an on - line club with a newsletter .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Century Eight said:

Yes ,, on the search part of the forum, look for Matt Hinson ,  or “36-38 Buick Club”. That club is a division of the Buick Club of America.  Should be easy to find  or check back again .    Matt is the head of it I believe, an on - line club with a newsletter .

Thanks again Phil, I have contacted Matt through the website to arrange membership.

Dave

• Like 2