AACA Logo

RPrice

No, Don't panic. The club's logo is not changing.

Here is how Steve Moskowitz explained it back in August:

Leave it to the Mayor of the Hershey area to drop me in the grease! We do have a new image that we are using for marketing the club. It is NOT a replacement of our official logo. I will write the entire story about it in the next issue of our magazine.

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/531449/New_AACA_IMAGE_hats_and_T_shir#Post531449

I for one really like the new logo... just ordered a T-shirt with it.

Truth be told, if it replaced the Duryea Logo, I wouldn't miss the old one at all.

But I suppose that making any changes to "modernize" the club's logo would be antithetical to the "older is better" mindset that's prevalent around these parts. wink.gif

West, you're pretty sharp so early. Must be on your second cup. The key thing about the new marketing image is that it is in addition to - not in place of the original Duryea logo. AACA appeals to a wide variety of enthusiasts and the new image reflects that.

Terry

Not sure what you disagree with - it's not intended to replace anything. It isn't even called a "logo." Have you read the thread that Matt provided the link to? I also think there is nothing wrong with the AACA Logo and would be among the last to insist that it remain unaltered. But, why not have a nice selection of tools in the box?

Terry

Guest imported_carbadge

I agree the current logo represents the ideals of the club as it was founded. The Duryea is symbolic of these ideals. However I have to admit that just yesterday I was wearing one of the new T-shirts and my 2 year old walked up behind me, poked me in the back and said "cars". I was shocked - especially since he's only ever referred to the Duryea as a "tractor". So I guess it all has to do with the target audience. I guess the only way to cure him is to get him a ride in a real Duryea, so he knows it too is a car!

Augie is a smart young man!

Guys, not everything has to be black and white. With 60,000 members we have all sorts of opinions and that is why we have offered an alternative. What you and I may find perfect may not be what a large number of other people feel. If AACA is to gain new and younger members we need to stretch some of our ideas.

Our logo with the Duryea will never be replaced, it is our official corporate logo. However, we now have an alternative image for those who wish to wear something more modern. Obviously a lot of people like it as the merchandise as flown off the shelves.

Again, we want to reach out to as many people as we can in order to grow this club or we will find ourselves in serious trouble in years to come. Change can be good, can invigorate people and in this case it is only an alternative.

Steve,

Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I've grown attached to the Duryea logo and love the design.

I guess that, since we have a huge variance of ages in this club, you're going to have differing opinions as to the logo. I'm 71 and I guess I can be called a traditionalist.

Anyway, thanks for clearing the issue up.

Rog

I understand the need for the new logo and the recruitment of the younger member and cars. However with that said, I would like to say that I would like the AACA to pursue the older cars with as much vigor. I don't make it to many car shows but the last one that I went to I was shocked at the lack of pre-war cars. This also is a vital part of our hobby.