A rare Packard on Ebay

tbirdman

I emailed the guy for more photos and he says he paid $130K for it three months ago. I would assume that would be his reserve. He didn't say why he was selling it.... It does look VERY nice, however. It should! Did you notice his email address: stu@wealthpreservationllc.com (wealth preservation??) Maybe the sale has something to do with the stock market drop!!

Guest superods

Wealthpreservationllc is the "eloquent" term for estate planners. This guy probably banked a large commission on the last fish he reeled in, spent a bit of it on this car...which has fallen short of expectation...and now is peddling it. I would be willing to bet on it. Happens more often than one realizes. I will also be he did not pay 130k for it three months ago. Any takers ??

Information about the seller appears to be here .

In terms of value, I think a <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> stellar 120 convertible might go for up to around 85k-90k or so these days. But yeah, it' pretty unusual when the starting asking price of a 120 is higher than the buy it now price of a very nice Super 8.

Interesting. The car seems OK, surely not worth the asking price though. His website is interesting too. Everyone in the company save for the English lass listed last is family--his wife, daughter and son-in-law. Been there, worked for that. You are a distant last when it comes to wage negotiations or raises.

"Family first"

except when it come to knowing the business at hand!

There is one almost identical to that here in NE Ohio. Same color etc. I met the fellow at a local cruise-in last summer. He had the restoration photos; he built the car up over many years from parts. I think the original car had been cut to pieces: quarters, cowl, etc. and the parts largely lost. It was a real bitsa but beautifully done.

It too, was an eight, but in this case, two banks of four arranged vee-fashion. Yes, a 350/350 but he had a friend cnc a set of valve covers with the Packard script on them. It all looked correct if you didn't know any better. He wasn't bragging up the V8, just made sense to him because the car would never be correct anyway.

I recall that he didn't have a good or repairable set of hood side vents so he had same friend cnc them out of (I think it was)SS or aluminum, anyway, high polished and jewel-like.