**Amazing Barn Find of Antique Cars** Absolutely Amazing!!!

SkylinePowered

You guys have to check this site out and all the pictures of these antique cars that were found in a huge barn with the steel door welded shut and from the looks of things, it looks like they have been sitting there untouched for many many years. Cars from the 1920's. There has to be more than 100+ antique cars.

**Amazing Barn Find of Antique Cars - Absolutely Amazing** http://amazingbarnfind.blogspot.com/

If you love cars, this is something you need to see.

Enjoy,

SkylinePowered

Guest Johnpaul Ragusa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Wolk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of old news. Been posted before. Story's not as represented.

Nice to see the old cars, though. </div></div>

Barry - What was the final true story?

SkylinePowered,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion forum. While some of us have seen that particular story a few times too many, I am sure that everybody would still like to welcome you to the AACA Discussion forum. Stick around and read a bit. Don't be discouraged, Don't be scared off. I am sure that most of us would rather see stuff a few times too many than not at all. Welcome!

Guest VeloMan

I never really believed the story, but it's fun to dream...

It reminded me of the cover of the Bonhams sale flier I got recently. For some reason, a dusty old car sitting in a shed gets the juices flowing.

Phil

BonhamsSale040.jpg

About 45-48 years ago, we were visiting relatives in Hemet, CA. My cousin and I were talking and I mentioned that I liked old cars. He said a friends dad had a bunch of old cars and we could go and see them. We walked over to the friends and right away, there was a big old Locomobile touring car sitting under a carport. I recall how the dashboard sat under and recessed into the cowl and the big shifter in the center with a brass gate. There was an extra engine sitting in front of it. There were two barns on the property and both of them were full of 20s and earlier cars. All unrestored, all complete and unmolested and every one of them was a high end American car. Cads, Lincolns, Packards, Pierces, you name it. According to the kid, they were his grandfathers cars and he had bought them all during the depression for pennies on the dollar. I think he said gramps owned a garage or service station. I know this sounds like one of those urban myths, but I saw and touched all of those cars. I wonder where they are? I suppose they all got sold. I still see my cousin occasionally. I'll have to ask him about the cars.

There were two guys near me at the same time who pack ratted cars. One had about 50 cars from the 40s back to the 20s. The other had about the same number from the 70s back to the late teens. None were for sale at any price because they were all going to be restored, "one of these days". Many of them probably were, just not by the, soon to be dead, owners.

I certainly did not mean to upset anyone off by posting this.

http://amazingbarnfind.blogspot.com/

I am 26 years old and have mainly been around imports for my driving life. I have a 1995 Nissan 240SX w/ a RB26 Skyline motor which is almost finished. Might not be very interesting to you but it's huge for me. It should put down more than 600 WHP. I have built a few very fast DSM's in the past. The fastest being a 91 AWD Eagle Talon which ran 11.1 @ 121 and put down 511 AWHP. I just recently met my father and the one thing we have in common is a love for cars. My father has restored more than 50 muscle cars (some frame off restorations) and after seeing his garage and his photo albums, I was in awe.

He is helping me buy my first muscle car and we are going to complete the restoration together. We found a 1969 Chevy Camaro in Kansas for $2,000 and we are going to take a road trip this weekend and trailer it home. It should be completed in about a year and I would like to document it here from start to finish if that is okay with everyone.

Also, can anyone tell me some good website's to get NOS parts for the Camaro or sites with good content on restoring them. Any help will be very much appreciated.

thanks,

SkylinePowered

Welcome aboard! Sky!

A touching story, you catching up with your father. Many do not ever have that opertiunity.

Yes, by all means give a weekly run down on your restoration. I would suggest that you start a new thread for this "diary".

Looking forward to reading it.

Wayne (Still own an '88 TSI from new! wink.gif )