Rollin White

old car fan

There were 3 of them, Windsor, Rollin and Walter.

I have been interested in the Cleveland Tractor Co. [Cle-trac] which produced Cletrac crawlers. The bros also produced White cars {petrol} and trucks.

Rollin lived the longest. He died in the late 1960's.

I think Hemmings Classic Car recently did a story on the {petrol} cars.

HTH

Manuel in Oz

• 2 years later...
Guest Steve Jansen

Yes the Craford Musium has two and i have the third. These cars were produced from Dec. 31, 1923- to the last part of 25. The reason the production started on new years eve. was so Rollin could advertise his car as the first american car with 4 wheel brakes.

There were 3 of them, Windsor, Rollin and Walter.

I have been interested in the Cleveland Tractor Co. [Cle-trac] which produced Cletrac crawlers. The bros also produced White cars {petrol} and trucks.

Rollin lived the longest. He died in the late 1960's.

I think Hemmings Classic Car recently did a story on the {petrol} cars.

HTH

Manuel in Oz

And the first three Cletrac Models were the R, the H and the W. Rollin H. Whites initials.

Interesting that Cletrac was sold to Oliver in 1944 and then Oliver was sold to White in 1960. The Oliver name was droped in 1969 and changed to White. All crawler tractor production was stopped in 1965.

In the long run, what came around, went around. White to White. Dandy Dave!

I belive there are a couple Rollin in Australia

from memory a feature article was done a few years back in Restored Cars

Dave from Oz

Don't they ever throw anything away in Australia? No matter what obscure car or part someone mentions, no matter how old, there are always at least 2 of them in Australia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I own a Rollin from 1924, Touring. My father bought it in 1962 in our country, The Netherlands. The car came in Europa throuh Switserland. The car is in verry good condition, the engine is just complete restored. I also have a original brochure.

I know there is a restored Rollin in Sweden, owner Mr. Bergstedt in Vansbro. Das anyone know another Rollin in Europe?

Jean Bastiaans , The Netherlands

e-mail: 0405@bastiaans.nl

Rollin pricelist 1924.pdf

post-78834-143138654973_thumb.jpg

post-78834-14313865498_thumb.jpg

post-78834-143138654982_thumb.jpg

White was also the first to incorporate a transmission between the engine and drive line.

Bearing in mind that there were many car makers in production before White, I think that to be unlikely. Panhard had sliding gears in 1892 but they didn't put them in a box until a couple of years later.

Guest Steve Jansen

Hey Rusty, I think you are right... But be kind about this car. Ever since 'Old Cars Weekly' ran my Rollin Sedan in their paper I've been swamped with offers. I'ts still not for sale but I'm starting to rethink as the offers keep increasing. Rollin White offered so many state of the art features it made the rest auto makers look foolish. Guess you could call this car High tech for it's time. I've been lucky so far as all the cars that were shipped to Australia are now my parts suppliers. Thank you Australia. If anyones interested try typing in 1925 Rollin in your search engine and clicking on Car of the week. Not bad for an 'odd ball'.

• 1 year later...
Guest mbgul53

My college just got a 1925 Rollin that we got no information on except pictures. It is completely in pieces and we have to put it all back together but we need a manual or something to do that. If anyone has a manual or some information, please let me know

• 2 months later...
Guest Armand Bessette
My college just got a 1925 Rollin that we got no information on except pictures. It is completely in pieces and we have to put it all back together but we need a manual or something to do that. If anyone has a manual or some information, please let me know

I have (2) Rollins - a coupe & touring car. I have some spare parts and a fair amount of information. Located in Mass.

contact me @ apbjab@verizon.net

Hi

I have owned a Rollin for the best part of 30 years they are a fairly straight forward construction I'll be starting to piece may Rollin back together shortly and would be only to happy assist in any way I can.

Best Regards

Grum

Guest Armand Bessette

Grum

Please contact me @ apbjab@verizon.net about your Rollin. I have (2) cars - a coupe and a touring car. Both 1924s. I have a fair amount of parts and literatrure. I would also like to add you to my owner list as we know of only 22 in the world. 7 in the U.S.A.

Thanks

Armand

• 1 year later...
Guest Steve Jansen

If anyone is interested there is a 1924 Rollin Touring up for auction. It's at Vanderbrink Auctions LLC. Lot # 226E. This is an online auction. I think it has 17 more days before its over. Whats left of this car is located in Enid, Ok. Looks like there are some good parts but that's about all it is good for. This should bring to total Rollin count to 23 known to exist.