The Ugliest Cars Ever?

MarkV

I saw one of those little.. were they a Fiat? They don't have three wheels, but the rear wheels are right close together in the back. Made about 1960. I thought that if I had the money to buy one, I'd seal it up and make a giant goldfish bowl out of it, that's what it looked like to me.

Guest aussie610

Ok, time to freak out you americans. How about a car made by a cement mixer manufacturer.

I bring you the lightburn Zeta.

680px-Lightburn_Zeta_sedan_automobile.jpg

and the sports version

800px-Lightburn_Zeta_automobile_sports_model.jpg

The Zeta and Zeta Sports have a chapter devoted to each in the Australian books <span style="font-style: italic">Lemon!</span> and <span style="font-style: italic">Extra Lemon!</span> (respectively) by Tony Davis. The photo of the Zeta posted here is downright flattering in comparison to the one in the book.

Looks were the least of these cars problems. To reverse in either car you had to stop and restart the engine <span style="font-style: italic">in the opposite direction</span>. Also the Zeta wagon had no tailgate or back doors. Even though it had lots of cargo space, to load it you had to exit the vehicle and remove the front seats. crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you referring to that beast that you just sold to Wayne? </div></div>

Sir, remember that free ride in Charlotte? That comment voids any other "free rides"! crazy.gifcool.gif

Wayne

This boat, MC.

Earl claimed a 20-21 mpg on the highway. I have replaced the two <span style="font-weight: bold">missing</span> spark plugs so that it now runs like a V8 should. eek.giflaugh.gif

Does that mean it passes everything, but a gas station now?? crazy.gifgrin.gif

Excuse the dirt. I think Earl had to drive it a ways to this show in Florida.

Beauchamp_81_Olds-resize.jpg

Wayne

I am sure the guys at the gas station would agree that it is certainly not ugly. I am sure they think it is beautiful...

It is not a Model A Ford, but it is not a bad looking car. grin.gif

Actually that is a lot like a Buick Park Avenue that I once owned.