Marshall VanWinkle

R W Burgess

Good evening AACA members. I know some of you have asked about Marshall's health since he missed a few events this summer.

I contacted John Baldwin, president of the First Capital Antique Car Club Chapter of the North Carolina Region about Marshall today. His response below;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hello Wayne,

Marshall is doing fine. He had back surgery and it has really helped. I will be sure to let him know you asked about him. We feel very lucky to be able to enjoy Marshall and know we are lucky to have his knowledge in our club. He is admired by many.

John Baldwin</div></div>

I believe Marshall might have been a little late arriving on the Glidden due to tire problems. I think he had a flat tire on his tow vehicle, his trailer and the Model A itself. I'm not sure about the Model A's trailer, but that might have had a flat, too. He told me he wanted to transfer the gorilla off his back and onto mine. Sure enough, I got a flat two days later.

West, I had a trailer flat going up just south of the GA-FL line and transferred the Gorilla to Marshall. After his flats he transferred the Gorilla to you. After you had your flat you must have transferred the Gorilla back to me, because I had another flat on the trailer just north of the GA-FL line going home.

And it must have visited W. Va. at some point because Bill has had one flat on the Dodge Ram and we have had two flats on our Taurus station wagon recently.

Bill's daughter has had two flats on her Liberty up in Mass.

It really is amazing how much junk there is on roads these days that will cause one.

Someday I'll find those gremlins. I haven't yet figured out a suitable torture for them but I assure you it will be long, continuous, and painful. mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, you calling my cars, JUNK??? grin.gif

W. </div></div>

No, no. Honest Mr. Burgess, sir, I meant junk like nails and screws. blush.gif Not your fine automobiles. grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">gremlins and gorillas, they don't get along too well</div></div>I can't speak for the gremlins West, but I can say that my father in law has managed to stay married to the gorilla for over 50 years. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwhistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ex98thdrill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I can't speak for the gremlins West, but I can say that my father in law has managed to stay married to the gorilla for over 50 years. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifwhistle.gif </div></div>

Then she must have been the gorilla his dreams. wink.gifgrin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, no. Honest Mr. Burgess, sir, I meant junk like nails and screws. Not your fine automobiles. </div></div> Shop Rat, you better collect all those loose screws you find on the roads, they probably belong to Wayne. grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, in this hobby with the cost of parts, supplies and fuel, we all must have a few loose. I just figured yours fell out</div></div>Our screws didn't fall out, we took them out and used them to put something else together. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ex98thdrill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Our screws didn't fall out, we took them out and used them to put something else together. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif </div></div>

"Parts is parts" is what I have always heard. grin.gif

Guest imported_buggboy

I distinctly remember one that was a lil south of Scranton...like Culpeper VA!! smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Restorer32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had 3 flats in the last 8 years or so. All 3 happened within "limping in" distance of that big truck stop on 81 just South of Scranton. We were thru there a few weeks ago and I held my breath till we were past. </div></div>