Any history on this Stanley??

Tom Laferriere

• 1 month later...

I've heard that Pollard put a stamp on his cars. Did he do it in the same place on all his cars? Where is the stamp on your car? I have an unrestored Pollard car too & would enjoy looking for this. Mine was one of the ones that was stood up on end.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T do a thing to it other than get it up & running and safe to tour. Just got back from LA and saw that Woods in the Petersen collection. Post that photo & info on Jay Leno's Garage website, he's nuts over steam cars and alternate power cars. There has to be 20-24 Stanley Steamers within a hours drive of my house here in Connecticut so you should be able to get all the info you need. That was one smart buy on your part, enjoy it.

I'm really impressed with the looks of this car. Is the cowl nicely modified to mate with the bead on the hood? How are the other areas were the two cars meet? Do we need a new classification for "period conversions"? I've seen a few period car to truck conversions but can't think of any body swaps that are as nice as this one. I didn't have a camera while at the Petersen, the car was nice and will never get restored, or tires for that matter. I got to see the Leno collection too, Steam's the Stuff out there!

• 3 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T do a thing to it other than get it up & running and safe to tour. Just got back from LA and saw that Woods in the Petersen collection. Post that photo & info on Jay Leno's Garage website, he's nuts over steam cars and alternate power cars. There has to be 20-24 Stanley Steamers within a hours drive of my house here in Connecticut so you should be able to get all the info you need. That was one smart buy on your part, enjoy it. </div></div>

I agree with Bob. Very cool and should be touched as little as possible. There was a early 20s Stanley roadster at the Mount Wachusett show a couple of years ago that still had it's original paint - super cool.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...