All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Can anyone tell me what this gravel shield fits? Ford pickup? ...Thanks for any Help...Mac
  3. I took some cardboard and cut out a wheel. The cardboard stopped the bindix gear from spinning.
  4. I should probably stay out of this discussion, because "Hotrods" are not my "thing". However, as a longtime fan of the much earlier "speedster" era, I do appreciate the early "hotrods" for their place in automotive history. That looks like a really nice early version hotrod, if so and as such, it should be worthy of serious preservation. Perhaps those carburetors should stay on the car? The Winfield downdraft carburetors were among the first and best early downdraft carburetors, hitting the market in 1929. They were manufactured in a large variety of models for quite a few years and remained popular for years after they quit making them. Value depends on many factors, model, condition, matched set? Motoringicons knows his stuff about these. So I suspect his evaluation is pretty right.
  5. For Sale: 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900 Coupe, manual shift - $7,995 - Saint Augustine, FL 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900 for sale by owner - Saint Augustine, FL - craigslist Seller's Description: 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900 for sale. The car is 62 years old and has some issues like paint scratches, chips, and the instrument cluster (speedometer) needs to be rebuilt but on the whole it was meticulously cared for by my late father. I would like it to go to someone who can also care for it and enjoy it. I listed the odometer as 4000 but the odometer states, "4" and craigslist wouldn't let me list it as 4. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Price is as listed or best offer. Contact: Chat available through Craiglist 'Reply' Copy and paste in your email: 3516d03bc7353576b38653dcfb28087c@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 900 Coupe, manual shift.
  6. No mystery there………the answer is a foregone conclusion. 🥸
  7. I have a friend who is a Windfield expert……they sure made a bunch of different units. Over the years I have observed that many people want them………but don’t want to step up to what most guys have them advertised for.
  8. Nice car. It's got "the look". I always like the 1928-1929 roadster on a 1932 frame. A great car that you will enjoy. Have fun!
  9. Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. They were running fine when pulled off here.
  10. Linoleum is a trademark. It has been applied to all sorts of things it did not mean originally. Once upon a time, Linoleum meant a specific thing. It was flooring that was made from Linseed Oil. Sometimes it was used for countertops. Marmoleum is what Linoleum was. I believe battleship linoleum was thicker than what was typical for residential use, probably 1/4" thick or more. I doubt it needed to be grey, but more often than not it was.
  11. Ah of course I think now that you have said this that I remember hearing this before. Thanks for the clarification. cheers Ben
  12. You may be on to something that the bendix is slipping, I have seen it happen before. Is there anyway you can watch the bendix while someone else tries to start it?0
  13. I removed the armature and the field coils to replace the brushes. And clean it. That was all. What could I have done that would have made the bindix gear not work?
  14. I sell Winfield carburetors and they sell fast. These appear to be in running condition and in very good condition. I would say they would fairly and reasonably priced at 2,500.00 - 3,000.00 for the two carburetors and the manifolds as a set.
  15. For Sale: 1950 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan, 57K miles - Project - $6,500 - Riceville, TN 1950 hudson commodore for sale by owner - Riceville, TN - craigslist Seller's Description: This was sold new in Athens Tenn at a dealership, and they took it back in on trade in the 70s and it stayed in the family. It’s a solid old car. It’s not running at this time but we’re working on it. It hasn’t run in about 15 years. Seats are good the covers are torn on the front. But seats look good. It has a super 6 motor. odometer: 57658. Contact: Ken (423) 3-8-one-9-5-six-9 Copy and paste in your email: 77edd1e55a8437aa9c267a28beaf1200@sale.craigslist.org I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Hudson Super Six 4dr Sedan, 57K miles - Project.
  16. The color of the hardtop on my 1966 Lotus Elan is called Elephant Grey.
  17. I like this kid. I think he did a creditable job piloting that A. Let's hope getting to drive it planted a seed.
  18. Today was a milestone day. For the first time in at least two years the hoist is free! My buddy and I rolled the 70 Plymouth wagon out of the way after I discovered yesterday that it has no brakes at the moment. The car fired right up and the I got in it to drive it off the hoist and the brake pedal went right to the floor. After checking the fluid and topping it up I managed to pump the brakes enough to get some pedal feel and then after sitting for about 2 minutes right to floor again. No puddles under the car so I suspect a master cylinder issue but that will have to wait for another day to be confirmed. In the meantime the hoist is now clear to use and the first patient is my buddies '75 Triumph TR6. Up in the air for an oil change and brake inspection. He has the rad back after a re-core and with any luck the car will be all back together in the next couple of days. I did get a good chuckle as he has never used a hoist before and he was a bit like a kid in the candy store - put the car up, put the car down, put the car up, put the car down.
  19. So when I turn the bindix gear with my fingers one direction the armature turs with it the opposite direction just the gear turns.
  20. Hi Guys, I need an O.E. Ignition Switch Harness for my 1989 16 valve. A few weeks back I sent a message to Larry Carlson (with pics) and he never responded. Can anyone direct me to a source so that I can get the ignition switch harness. the O.E. ignition switch harness will have a 7-way connection on one end that will connect near the base of the steering column where it enters the firewall. I have attached pics of the disconnected EVS system. I have no images of the O.E. Ignition Switch Harness that I need. One of the detached EVS remote receiver and three of part of the EVS system still grafted onto some original ignition wiring. I am not sure where to disconnect the wire splice done when the dealer installed the EVS system. If I knew what the OE ignition harness looks like I may be able to figure it out. The EVS system is a nightmare and the car is not operable with the old EVS installed. I welcome all the advice I can get. Bill
  21. Thats right. When I pull the starter out and bench test it the bendix works or appears to be working fine. Is it's possible that when the bindix is engaged on the flywheel that it doesn't turn that just the armature is turning. So, when I turn the bindix gear with my fingers I can turn it both directions.
  22. I may be way off base, but isn't the bendix manually operated on this vehicle? When you press the starter button doesn't it engage the bendix in the flywheel? If so, are you sure you put it back together correctly?
  23. Post it on the Buick page.
  1. Load more activity