Route of the 2249 Dodge Senior fuel pipe

gundog99

This summer my 2249 Dodge Senior has not being running properly ,The engine has run very  erratically over 30 mph,  as if starved of fuel, It also seems to be hotter than normal.

I have checked the  carburetor, points Ect ect .If vaporization is the problem an issue might be the route of the fuel pipe, it runs from the vacuum tank over the rear of the engine and manifold on the fire wall to the carburetor. Is this correct or did it originally run via the front of the engine?

My 28 runs from the vacuum tank, along the firewall, barely clears the rear of the cylinder head, until it reaches the right side of the car. It stays away from the exhaust. Drops down the firewall on the right to the frame rail. Along the frame rail then darts over to the carb. No high points or loops, just a steady down hill run

Hi my senior fuel line also runs as per the other Senior  sixes ,however i installed a rubber sleeve over the pipe where it runs behind the block.I have had no trouble with the fuel.

ignition too far retarded can be a problem for erratic running and overheating, Hope you find a solution soon so you can once again enjoy your car 

Thank you everyone. Since I fitted a replacement Carburettor ( 0X-2), a coupe of years age the car was running very well, but at the beginning of 2018  It started to miss fire  very badly; I fitted a new coil and a second hand condenser and reset the points, the car then started and ran much better - The old contesor had failed. The new problem i think is different, I will check if it is too far retarded, it may be the engine running to hot,  enough to  cause the fuel to vaporize.