Craigslist 1931 Lincoln KA parts car for $1900 in VT.

Just found this on craigslist.  Doesn't seem like a terrible price if you need any quantity of the parts left.  

If this were a 36 Cord I would be in the truck already. 

You might even be able to build a speedster from it if the engine is any good. 

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/d/1931-lincoln-ka-chassis/6649196859.html

I have a 1931 Lincoln chassis for sale. It is a rolling chassis with radiator, complete engine, trans, rear, cowl, incomplete dash, windshield, steering, and more. It has been in outside storage for many years and is in poor condition. Call for details-  show contact info
, no emails or texts please. $1900 as is. 

802 735 5897

00M0M_39yT2b56N6E_600x450.jpg

00m0m_iuK687yZTmb_600x450.jpg

00k0k_79bBWbSl7Fi_600x450.jpg

The button is NEITHER . Its for free wheeling. The first detent when going into second or high is the free wheeling mode To get in straight drive the operator needs to push the button down and then push the lever farther . It  is/was a poor design in my opinion.  My 1932 Peerless Custom 8 had the same transmission as well the 1931 Pierce I have in the shop now.

Jak and Mike West's comments are correct. My Dad told me about the 31 Lincoln LeBaron conv coupe that my grandfather bought new in 1931 that was a "used" car (the words ' previously owned'  were not popular  yet) we have photos of it in the family album. Jockey Earl Sande bought it new and turned it in after a few months, anyway my Dad drive the car and said the free wheeling button was a problem when new. He would be driving the car and it would pop into freewheeling at any given moment, no notice it would happen, and he said was a real pain as it made the car go faster, and panic set in until it could be corrected to not be in free wheeling.