Auburn meet

They have streamlined the auction and from what I understand are selecting cars for sale that fit their marketing.  RM is rebranding the auction and I also understand going to upgrade the facility even more.  I guess we will all have to wait and see how all of this shakes out.  In the meantime, two days is still great and we have a record number of cars attending.  400 people at the BBQ!

I attended though for a variety of reasons my 26 T had to sit this one out. It was another excellent show despite the threat all day of truly cruddy weather.  Many thanks to Steve and the AACA staff for another great show in Auburn. 

All I can say is that Mother Nature is sure fickle!  Sunburn one day and cold the next.  Overall though, I think people are missing a tremendous event if they do not attend.  Great location with museums to visit, Amish countryside, great auction (free to our members including bidder's passes), the best BBQ you will ever get to eat, free trailer parking and a killer concert that is also free AND open bar!!!  Even with the iffy weather we all managed to have a good time.  Proud of our team and the local region for putting on such a great event and proud of the car owners and judges who braved the elements!  Thanks Nash folks for joining us...hope you are happy with the surprise we announced!

Great show despite the nasty weather. Nice turnout of Nashes, maybe 30 or so by my count.  Auburn is a great little town. Lots of historic buildings and everything is so well kept. It was obvious at the BBQ and Awards ceremony that our courageous leader Steve M. was exhausted. Hope you got some rest Steve!

My wife and I had a great time. Besides the show and seeing a lot of beautiful cars, I enjoyed watching the bidding at the auction and the band was really good (plus those really cheap drinks that night). I agree with Steve on that great BBQ too - that was some fine eating. Thanks to all who spent so much time planning and putting it on.

Scott

A great event.  Weather didn't dampen spirits! There were lots of goodies in the auction memorabilia room, and I scored big on a couple of items in the flea market too.  Just across the street is one of the best antique malls I've been into in a long time - bought a box full of automobile goodies and am bringing home some nice items for the collection(s).  Some fabulous cars came out even in the drizzle.  There were a lot of beautiful first time cars shown there including the most amazing Buick roadster and pretty green 31 Caddy I've ever seen.  Even brass stuff was on the show field.  One guy with a 13 Buick had his side lamps lit.  That's how he kept his hands warm on Sat!

Terry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We had a terrific judging team in Auburn.  We still think the chief judge thought he had assigned an all ladies team because of the spelling of Wray's name.  Fortunately, Wray has a good sense of humor.

Despite the rain, we had a great time.  Thanks to Anne, Jessica, Rachel, and Wray, 

Auburn Judging Team - 12 May 2018.jpg

Guest Mark McAlpine

Although it rained on the day of the show, most owners brought their cars out to share with the rest of us.  As usual at the Auburn Meet, there was a great selection of vehicles on the show field including some unusual ones you don't see often.  The Nash Club's participation this year was neat--other than at a Nash Club show, where can you see that many Nash automobiles at the same time?  I got to meet and speak with Jim Wheary (Charles Nash's great-grandson) who was very nice and shared some interesting information.

The Auburn Meet is always great--RM Sotheby's facility is a fantastic facility for a meet and they are very generous and accommodating in their support of the AACA and the Auburn Meet.  (And having the Auburn Cord Duesenberg nearby is another good reason to attend the meet.)  Moving the 2019 Annual Grand National Meet back a couple weeks to the end of May will probably take care of the weather issues.  If you haven't been to the Auburn Meet before, you need to attend the AGNM there in 2019.  Marion & I have attended every meet in Auburn and enjoyed each one very much--it's a "must attend" event.

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_9953.JPG

IMG_9964.JPG

IMG_9996.JPG

IMG_9948.JPG