mikewest

Wanted - 1966-67 Ford Fairlane

Im helping my brother locate a 1966 or 67 Ford Fairlane. He would like a 67 convertible but will consider all models. No rust buckets considered but all unrestored or decent originals will be looked at . Location not really important. Email Mike at mawest729@gmail.com  Thank you!

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-344290/1966-ford-fairlane-500-convertible/

Mike:

I saw this 1966 Fairlane convertible is going to sell at no reserve at Mecum Harrisburg on Friday August 3, 2018.

I do not know anything else about this particular car.

I did own a 67 Fairlane XL Convertible in the late 70s. I took it to Ford 75th anniversary show in Dearborn. I sold it to buy my first house. It was a great car and I'd love to have another one.

Kevin

Wow, that car brought back a lot of memories! My first "real" car was a 1966 Fairlane 500 2 dr hardtop with the mighty 289/C4. Had power steering, radio, heater, and wheel covers. Springtime Yellow with black interior. Got it in 1972. I learned a lot on that car. The only things I didn't touch in the 5 years I owned it were the trans and rear. I loved that engine but had to do 2 valve jobs in the 100k miles I put on the car. I wasn't real impressed with the car at the time but realize now what a gem I had!

BTW, on the Mecum car the grille looks like a 1967. Wonder if it was replaced. And the power steering pump doesn't seem to match what was in my '66.

Cheers, Dave

I'm a fan of these also. A good friend just picked up a 67 500 convertible. 

Try looking in Canada. Cheaper for sure due to exchange.