Wanted - 1966-67 Ford Fairlane

mikewest

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0818-344290/1966-ford-fairlane-500-convertible/

Mike:

I saw this 1966 Fairlane convertible is going to sell at no reserve at Mecum Harrisburg on Friday August 3, 2018.

I do not know anything else about this particular car.

I did own a 67 Fairlane XL Convertible in the late 70s. I took it to Ford 75th anniversary show in Dearborn. I sold it to buy my first house. It was a great car and I'd love to have another one.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that car brought back a lot of memories! My first "real" car was a 1966 Fairlane 500 2 dr hardtop with the mighty 289/C4. Had power steering, radio, heater, and wheel covers. Springtime Yellow with black interior. Got it in 1972. I learned a lot on that car. The only things I didn't touch in the 5 years I owned it were the trans and rear. I loved that engine but had to do 2 valve jobs in the 100k miles I put on the car. I wasn't real impressed with the car at the time but realize now what a gem I had!

BTW, on the Mecum car the grille looks like a 1967. Wonder if it was replaced. And the power steering pump doesn't seem to match what was in my '66.

Cheers, Dave

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have this 1967 Fairlane 500XL convertible coming in after the first of the year. Haven't decided on a price, but I'd be willing to move it quick without any margin to a friend here on the board. 289/auto, buckets, console, very correct and high-quality restoration. We'll probably be pricing it in the low $30s. Really, really nice car that needs nothing.

fairlane.jpg

4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I have this 1967 Fairlane 500XL convertible coming in after the first of the year. Haven't decided on a price, but I'd be willing to move it quick without any margin to a friend here on the board. 289/auto, buckets, console, very correct and high-quality restoration. We'll probably be pricing it in the low $30s. Really, really nice car that needs nothing.

fairlane.jpg

Great color combination on that car! Would be  a REALLY special car with a 390/ 4 speed, but very,very nice as is.

5 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

fairlane.jpg

Thats beautiful Matt. It’s an exact twin to the one I mentioned (above on July 11) I owned in the late 70s. I believe only 1943 of these XL convertables were built in 1967. If you get a Marti report with this, let me know if this one was sold at Stengers Ford in Dayton Ohio.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

Mikewest, just FYI. Auto Metal Direct of Buford, Ga, is in the process of releasing brand new reproduction body panels for 1966 and 67 Fairlanes, among other non-Mustang Ford cars. I help them with some PR stuff, etc, and I just got a note from them today about some parts that are getting final approval. It won't be long before it will be more feasible to repair rusty versions of those beautiful mid-size Ford cars. 

• 4 weeks later...