NOS 63 or 64 Riviera gas gauge

Seafoam65

For you 63 or 64 owners there is an NOS gas gauge dash unit on ebay right now for a reasonable 79.00. Good thing to have on

the shelf.....the gauge went bad on my Dad's 65 in 1969....they do go bad sometimes and are rare as hens teeth to find. 

OK Winston: I purchased a Chinese one for 80 bux from Steven at the Best offer Counts.  I haven't installed it yet. Steven said the fit was not exactly perfect like oem.  We'll see.

NOS?  No. If it's 50+ years old....it ain't new.   Mitch

Like Mitch says "NOS?  No. If it's 50+ years old....it ain't new."   Mitch

It may have been new once but that was a long time ago.  It's old, maybe still in its original box and never used but it's still OLD!  :D

OK Riviera People: A correct term is "Unused Old Stock"  New?  No...and we know that 50 years old ain't new.  What else is so important about this  totally incorrect terminology?

1. It may have been on the shelf for 50 years and  it could be pitted,  scratched or damaged.

2. If it is a soft part like  fuel or brake related the part might be dead from sitting.   That's a flat-out SAFETY issue. Even bolts of fabric can be no good from sitting for so long. That's not a safety issue unless  gettin' a spring in the wrong place is worth discussing.

3.  There are  hidden expectations that one is buying the same product they would have if they were  to go and purchase the  product new from a seller today.

So, there you have it.   UN-USED OLD STOCK.    Mitch

21 hours ago, lrlforfun said:

If it is a soft part like  fuel or brake related the part might be dead from sitting.   That's a flat-out SAFETY issue. Even bolts of fabric can be no good from sitting for so long. That's not a safety issue unless  gettin' a spring in the wrong place is worth discussing.

No kiddin'.  It's one thing to buy a pulley or a piece of molding or a wiper knob that's been in a box for decades, but do you really want to use a radiator hose or a control arm bushing or a fan belt from 1967?  The question I always ask is, "How fast would you drive on 50-year-old tires?".

On 5/4/2017 at 11:36 PM, RivNut said:

Like Mitch says "NOS?  No. If it's 50+ years old....it ain't new."   Mitch

It may have been new once but that was a long time ago.  It's old, maybe still in its original box and never used but it's still OLD!  :D

new OLD stock

Tom