ebay parts price

RiKi5156B

She is a nice lady and an individual who I consider a friend. She spends the time searching and organizing her parts and what she sells is accurately described both in condition and year/model fit, good for her to make a fair profit for her time in doing so. If you don't like her prices don't buy. The market dictates what a fair price is.

• Like 5

It's just a thought on my part. For my 70+ cars I've had/have I never went to the highest price sellers just because I can find what I need with my own research.She is a nice person who sells parts so thats worthy of 50 to 100% more? Dont think so.

5 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

She usually gets the asking price, be careful what you say,  I just spent a week with her answering customer calls in the backseat of my Riviera while on the Buick Driving Enthusiasts Fall Tour.

I have a good relationship with her. I have bought from her. She has some quality stuff. Yes, sometimes research will find a better price. When it doesn't, you can pay the price or hope to find it later.

• Like 5

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, buick5563 said:

. . . you can pay the price or hope to find it later.

Kind of like finding parts at a swap meet, if you find it at what you consider a fair price, you "buy it now".  Hemm hawwwing and trying to find it for less money can mean somebody else got what you wanted/needed.  The other side of the deal is that if YOU don't pay the price, somebody else surely might.  Sometimes it's better to go ahead and pay the asking price (or seeking to deal a little) or continue your search, especially if it's for a good part.  Your judgment call.

NTX5467

Yes very high prices I think but like has been said, it's not a crime.  It costs time and money to organize, clean up, and advertise these parts.  In nearly all cases the parts I have seen could be found for less elsewhere (especially some repro parts).  However, if buyer is unwilling to do the research that is on them.  Also, some sellers do not sell internationally as the seller in FL does, which garners many international sales by this seller.

• Like 1

I've listed some parts for what may have been considered high prices, and they sold for that.  As a person restoring a 1939 Buick and that has been watching their parts on eBay for 6+ years now, I know what stuff sells for (I watch items just to see what they sell for), and I know what parts are easy or hard to come by.  I've bought a part that was better than the one I had only to turn around and sell the bad one for more.  I would never fault anyone for starting high when selling something.  Of course, I also give deals to fellow people that are in the same boat I'm in--a regular guy (not a person in the auto parts business) who just works on my car in may garage, nothing more nothing less.  I enjoy meeting and helping people in the same boat I'm in. 

Some folks have bought parts to not even put on a car.  The guy who bought my front end and badge wanted it to hang on the wall in his shop as a decoration.

• Like 1

I'm not that nice and I always put high prices on parts.

If I sell parts for too little people might not appreciate them as much as they should.

And sometimes I give things away. Looking back over the years I believe the people who paid the high prices had more appreciation than the ones I gave stuff too. Go back to my first sentence.

Bernie

• Like 4

I suspect we've all been in situations (at swap meets or otherwise) where "a deal" was cut (related to advertised pricing) to help someone else "in the hobby" who displayed signals that the part was really needed for the intended purpose or was "an object" to others.

Just as with the price of other commodities, "international"  purchasers can drive the price of things we all buy over here.  What we all consider "a deal" can be a perceptual situation, just as in real estate.

Sometimes, too, the higher price can end up being less expensive than originally predicted.  Certainly, any business has various overhead expenses which must be covered in the price of items sold.  End result is that vendors who do a good job for the hobby (price, quality, shipping packaging integrity, return policy, AND product knowledge) might be the best people to do business with . . . especially if the sales reps are knowledgeable, competent, and deliver on what they said they'd do.  No different from purchasing things locally.  BUT the purchaser also needs to know what they have and such, too!

NTX5467