1955 Roadmaster Riviera Hardtop - a few pictures

John_Mereness

Hello,  I keep getting asked for pictures.  I have not taken many, though this is the car as dropped off to me in February  The short list has been: a new set of BF Goodrich whitewalls, working up a set of hubcaps (and still in process), repaint wheel rims red (and had to replace a few rims as there were several 5.5's on car),  new Optima in "fake case" and new braided cables from Y & Z, New Auto Custom Carpet - Daytona weave, new Packard 440 spark plug cables from Brillman (by the way - I ordered this Saturday morning and they were delivered yesterday - Monday  = now that is outstanding service), proper cigar lighter, repaint white in dash knobs, new exhaust (a lot to think about here - still working on this), proper front license holder (still  need one), front hood pad support and bracket (still need one), will need better rear fender lower chrome, and the list goes on and on ------

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 1:22 PM, SpecialEducation said:

YES!  Those red felloes and correct wheels covers look GREAT!

Thanks - it was a lot of project to get the correct wheels on car (had some 5.5's and had some bent, so pretty much had to start from scratch and quite a bit of work to build up a nice set of hubcaps as well (ex. repro 55 emblems are near unobtainum at the moment and 50 plus telephone calls later had a set)

On 4/30/2016 at 8:44 AM, JohnD1956 said:

That is one BEAUTIFUL BUICK!!!   

Guess I better start thinking about refurbishing mine...

Thanks, I have had person after person say such - very nice to hear as I was worried that is was a little on the matronly side.