Locking gas cap for a Model T

Dan Marx

So, about a year ago I was asked for a locking gas cap for a Model T, well didn't have one in the 8000 caps I have so, guess what, I made one. I have some locking gas caps that are made by FAAB, these are a screw on cap that fit Fiats, Dino spiders, Lancia, and other older European cars with the screw on gas caps. Hey even fit a Testarosa. Well would you believe it, the thread pattern from an aftermarket Model T cap will just fit inside the cap. Any one want to see it?

Dan

All the Model T guys know that there is a drain cock on the bottom of the sediment bowl, just open it up and the gas runs out! No siphon needed.

Yup! Never mind taking the front seat bottom off. Dandy Dave!

All the Model T guys know that there is a drain cock on the bottom of the sediment bowl, just open it up and the gas runs out! No siphon needed.

That fact saved my butt at a show. My fuel pump gave it up. It would run ok but would not get gas to the carb to start. I asked pretty near everyone if they had a few ounces of gas I could use to prime the carb. A guy with a T opened the bowl drain and gave me half a soda can full.............Bob