BUY IT NOW!-Just got my AACA 75th anniversary book.

uh6077

I know I am like 4 years behind the curve but I wasn't aware of the AACA until recently. Ordered the 75th anniversary book last week and got it today. WOW, what an incredible book. I was expecting a regular book with lots of neat pictures and stories but this is much more. Seems like every other page has a glued in holder with reproductions of old registrations, club pamphlets from 1937, gas ration booklets, Ford paint chip book (all black of course) and so much more. The price on the back said $59.95 and I can't help but think the book cost more than that to produce. Must have been lots of manual labor stuffing all those little extras into the pages. They are now selling on the AACA website for $15. I am going to order a few more (some for gifts and one more for me to keep wrapped up in case something every happens to mine). If you haven't ordered yours yet you really are missing out. You will giggle like a school kid as you discover all the hidden treasures. Best purchase I have made since I bought the Desoto!! Thanks to all that worked on it

Tip- Don't ever turn the book upside down or all the little goodies will fall out and you will have a heck of a time finding where they go.

Edited by R W Burgess (see edit history)

Yes. It is true that the book was printed in China. A project of that scale would have been impossible for us to produce economically otherwise.

Rest assured that AACA's magazine, Antique Automobile, is produced entirely in the U.S., as are all other publications that we produce.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Guest AlCapone
My biggest disappointment when I got the book was that I found it was printed in china.:(

I am sure if you ask they will allow you to return the book for a refund. I am sure that Satisfaction is guaranteed. Wayne

p.s. I liked mine so much I bought two more as Christmas gifts.

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

I showed it off to a few people today who are not at all interested in old cars. They both had the same reaction. "WOW, that looks like it took a lot of work to make". It definitely has the look of being hand produced. I hope I am still around for the 100th and 125th anniversary books.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bring this back to the top. I just received my copy today and ordered two more just minutes ago. I signed up two new members this year and they will be getting these

as late Christmas gifts. I am sure that it will increase their enthusiasm and support for the club. One guy attended his first Hershey this year and he's already hooked.

This book is as much fun as you can have without driving and in December in Ohio that's not an option.

Job well done!

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 60electra225

I received an apologetic email from Karen White advising that the book had not been shipped due to an additional cost for shipping. Unfortunately no one had advised me of same, so I was unaware of this. However, the additional charge was $51.00, making a total of $58.50 for shipping, so I respectfully declined to pay this much for shipping and requested a refund.

Guest 60electra225

Thanks for the offer, but hopefully I can get someone to pick up a copy for me the next time they are in the US and bring it back in their luggage.