CHROME PLATING IN READING PA. AREA

DAVE A

Looking at the internet, there are a number of possibilities to do chrome plating in the Reading Pa. area. I'm the kind of person that likes to deal face to face so that's why I'm restricting it to 50 miles or so from me. I was wondering if anyone cared to make any recommendations on this??? I am interested in both quality and pricing!!!

Yes, doing chrome work is the closest thing I know of to printing your own money. Only the chrome guys know their margins, and they're not saying. Hearing a price quoted for high quality chrome will take your breath away. The same is true of brass restoration for lights, the finest upholstery work you can get, the best paint job, and so forth.

For example, there's a fellow doing upholstery work, and his prices are sky high. That said, his work is just about as perfect as you can get. I've closely inspected numerous of his jobs, and the quality is beyond superb. His pricing is so high as to be thought ludicrous, but, some people pay it to get that quality work.

The same is true of chrome. If you want something shiny, you can probably find someone to do it and not take all your money, and it'll be shiny. If you want it correct and to last, however, then you're at a chrome shop's mercy....

Dave,

Paul's has done all of the work on my cars for at least the past nine (9) years. Yes, the price does reflect the quality but I've never been disappointed, and no pieces have gone lost. Nothing against the other guys, but when you want it right, AND you want it back.....

I spent a week working in a top-quality chrome shop that is always working on pieces being used on Pebble Beach-bound automobiles. I can assure you that there is a LOT of extra time and effort involved in providing a quality product. It is not some "secret" process whereby the shop can just start charging what it wants. Before I went in, I had no idea. If you have a piece with a lot of intricate detail, it's best to send to a shop known for its fine details. If your piece has little or no detail, then any recommended shop should be fine.

The EPA has run many of the platers out of business.

I've been satisfied with Graves Plating in Florence Alabama.

They took me on a tour of their facility. I was most impressed with the cleanliness.

There's a lot more to it than 'dipping' it in the chrome...

Ten years later I'm still impressed with their work

Yes I haved used Graves they are good ,great people . I use Librandi's They do good work and they are close ,I can take it in and pick it up . The big part of plating is the prep work . I know a local plater and have watched him work . it's all in the prep. Time. Kings32