Larry Schramm

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Larry Schramm last won the day on July 9 2022

Larry Schramm had the most liked content!

3 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

9,458 profile views

Larry Schramm's Achievements

25,000+ Points

25,000+ Points (7/7)

• Reacting Well
  • Dedicated
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. In "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". Einstein.
  2. No to printing a gear or no on a Weston-Mott axle or both? I agree on printing a gear.
  3. If you have spark & fuel, then I would do a compression test. Might have a valve sticking. Just a thought.
  4. I also paint mark all of my batteries when I get them to see how long they last.
  5. Go to Acme Gear near Mt. Clements, Mi. They have made gears for me. https://acmegearco.com
  6. We are fortunate to have a truck and trailer so we take our brass cars touring regularly. We scheduled seven tours this summer in different places in the eastern US. Had to replace the tires on one of our cars last year because wore them out. Replaced a couple of tires on the Buick truck a few years ago because we wore them out, and tires are no longer a "cheap date" if it ever was. We have no boats, airplanes, motorcycles, snowmobiles, four wheelers, go to professional sports games, etc....... Just a few cars as the hobby not including the maintenance on the house. Driving as much as you can is the true enjoyment of owning a Brass era car. IMO.
  7. Until you get the money out of policing, police will not be respected. Most individuals contact with police are with traffic stops and usually not pleasant. Money is totally corrupting. Look at Washington and your individual jurisdictions. Instead of money for traffic infractions, make community service the "fine". It would allow individuals to contribute to the community and give them a tie in to the community.
  8. We own an '84 gas Westfalia camper and my personal taste is original, original, original. As said earlier in this discussion, customizations are to an owners preference so I would not bother to do anything. Super clean it and polish it and then sell it. As for coming to the US to sell, the diesels were not that well received because they were considered underpowered and basically could not get out of their own way. I have heard of a number of them being switched to gas or even Subaru engines to get more power and reliability. Campers have the real value and the people haulers not so much. Just my thoughts and we have owned our bus for about 35 years.
  9. George passed a few years ago and the business is closed. If you want a hub puller made, contact Dave Brennen on this site. He does a great job. He is at https://forums.aaca.org/profile/87870-dandy-dave/
  10. My first guess would be silicone contamination, not outgassing.
  11. They are fairly plentiful. I have one or two out in the garage somewhere when I bought a box of wrenches.
  12. I would say manual thermostat for summer/winter change over.