High mileage Reatta record?

Guest F14CRAZY

ANOTHER HYJACKED POST!!!

Nice bumper stickers, guys!

I just brought home an 89 coupe w/281,000 miles!

Runs and drives, e023 & e041 codes, no matter I need only the right side/front stuff to reclaim Panikmekanik's white/maroon 88 coupe's DEER damage.

REATTA = 2

BAMBI = 0

My Father taught me "Find something you love (to do), and find a way to make money with it, then your life will be happier, for others will love to pay you (to do) for it!

PanikMekanik, is not going to give any man a clearance! tongue.gif

We all know that!

But it is hard to find a good "farm" girl... if you consider that I'm "fat and unattractive", to fat and unattractive women, around here.

So, the cute ones, completely ignore my existence... and I'm not even ugly, in the sense that people would want to steer clear of me. I consider myself to be average... which is just not good enough, for today's American Woman.

But I would like to check out more Reattae... I can't get enough. grin.gif

Don't be so down on yourself, REAL women look beyond the mold purported by the mass-media of who's desireable, as do REAL men.

Only flaming left-wingers believe all the boob-tube tells them about life, liberty and happiness.

Remember, we live in Wisconsin, the state with the highest rate of alcoholism and obesity. Panikmekanik and I are native cheezeheads, our daughters are both flat-landers, born in Illinoise.

And no, Panik and I are NOT fat alcoholics, either.

Hey, keep you wife under raps... she's a hot @$$et! keep her locked up, or something... nobody wants to feel like he's breaking a commandment! tongue.gif

Been up all night, so I'm gonna crash, until... 12:00PM. Get some pictures of Nano, to me, cause the genes are good. tongue.gif

• 12 years later...

Question for Gorno and Marck, have either the engine and/or transmission been rebuilt on the high mile cars you posted? If not, that is remarkable, even with perfect maintenance. My 91 vert has over 180,000 apparently well maintained miles, which is not much by comparison.

The 88 parts car (still being driven as it runs fine but looks rough) has 171,000 and the transmission is as smooth as it can be. Engine is slightly noisy,  probably the water pump just starting to exhibit bearing noise. This car was not well maintained at all prior to my ownership as near as I can tell. I hate to do repairs on it but want to keep it usable until it gets dismantled. That may be a while yet.

BTW, holy thread bump from 2005.

The Red had 280,000 with plenty more to go but I wanted to keep it for years so last spring was the time to rebuild the engine. I have not been nearly so lucky with trannys as I get about 150,000 to 165,000 out of them before a rebuild or replace.

40 minutes ago, KDirk said:

Question for Gorno and Marck, have either the engine and/or transmission been rebuilt on the high mile cars you posted? If not, that is remarkable, even with perfect maintenance. My 91 vert has over 180,000 apparently well maintained miles, which is not much by comparison.

The 88 parts car (still being driven as it runs fine but looks rough) has 171,000 and the transmission is as smooth as it can be. Engine is slightly noisy,  probably the water pump just starting to exhibit bearing noise. This car was not well maintained at all prior to my ownership as near as I can tell. I hate to do repairs on it but want to keep it usable until it gets dismantled. That may be a while yet.

BTW, holy thread bump from 2005.

The grey car I mentioned had a transmission rebuild at 240k. Original engine largely untouched except for maintenance items and gaskets. 

Not sure on the green coupe. It didn't come with any service records. But it had a massive transmission leak from the main seal. So either it had work done that was done poorly, or it was in desperate need. 

I can believe a 3800 getting 300,000÷ with no rebuild. It's the transmission I find remarkable in these cases getting well over 200,000 which seems like extreme outlier lifespan based on typical life expectancy. I have two cars  that cars here that are already into what I consixlder bonus mileage territory on the transmissions.