How old are we?

Big 40 in two weeks.<BR>Stuck on 1970 fullsize Buicks.<BR>Now own 1970 Wildcat<BR>First Buick a 1970 Lesabre Convertible for 50 dollars.I was 17.<BR>Russ

I'm 36, and every car I work on is older than me:<BR>'54 Special I bought at 18<BR>'24 Buick roadster hot-rod project<P><BR>Fr. Doug Cook

Guest James Conkwright

IM 16, My '50 Special Sedanette is 52. Hat tip 50OHYEAH? Did anyone see my car at the national? It was the Meridian Blue 2-door Jetback. It was restored over a 10month period and was completed just in time for the national. Will have pics soon.<P>James Conkright<BR>1950 46-S

I've been reading this thread with much interest. While a BCA Board member, we spent HOURS trying to come up with some really great ideas on how to attract YOUNG Buick fans to the BCA. I've been highly encouraged to see there are several "kids" who are really into the hobby.<BR>I'm 61, and was a "late bloomer", not being into cars (particularly Buicks) until I joined the BCA in 1986 at age 45. I like to think I've made up for lost time by my involvement in local Chapter and National activities, while completely restoring a '56 Special and a '62 Skylark floptop.<BR>The greatest part of our hobby is the FAMILY atmosphere, and that's why I've always encouraged the younger folks to get involved.<BR>This thread is truly educational! Many thanks for all input so far.<BR>Bob Leets grin.gif" border="0

Hi, Group:<BR> My body is 60, but my mind thinks I am still 19! Causes lots of problems. Have been into Buicks since the 50's. <BR> Steve D.

Guest COMPACTBC

I'm a 70 year old teenager and still like a good drag race. grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: COMPACTBC ]

Must be something in the Kentucky water or dirt. <B>TWO</B> teenage 50 Buick owners there. And a bunch more under 25 scattered thruout this topic- maybe this helps dispel the notion that Buick is an old man's car?<P>Guess you've noticed that this thread carried over into the AACA forum. Lots of younger folks there too, along with folks who are still young in their outlook. The hobby will survive.<P>CompactBC- you're my kinda old car guy! although most of the street racing action I see anymore involves Hondas or V8 powered S10 pickups. Every so often, I have to demonstrate to the Honda crowd how a FWD burnout is properly done. And watching their jaws hit the pavement when they see my Toronado do its thing is priceless!<BR> wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

I<m 32 and thats just a hop skip and jump away from 16 I can tell you. Man time flies. My buicks a 56 and has no clue what year it is or how old she is. She has the right approach, love life one day/mile at a time...

44...My dad always said there was no life past 40... I figure it's just <B>BONUS!!!!</B> cool.gif" border="0 Both my girls...oops cars rolleyes.gif" border="0 are old'rn me! I know they get treated better and get more flirting done at them then me. wink.gif" border="0

Guest elk93001

30 in 37 days EGAD!!!<P>The wife keeps teasing me about hitting the big "3-0".<P>My reply....there are some people who keep their cars longer than that, but get rid of their spouses in much shorter time. grin.gif" border="0

I was born the same year that my 1955 Roadmaster was built. But wait; my '55 Buick was not built in 1955.<BR>The model year of my other Buicks also have significance in my life.<BR>I've been a member of the BCA for about two-thirds of my life. If I would have known this back when I first joined, I should have paid for a lifetime membership.<P>AK Buickman, BCA #1955............

Well I have been 21 years old for the last 24 years. grin.gif" border="0 This way I will never grow up, I have proof!!! My wife keeps telling me to grow up all the time smile.gif" border="0 <P><BR>1970 Buick Riviera (370 horses)<BR>1970 Buick Riviera part car(37 bottles glue)<BR>1973 Cougar XR7<BR>1997 Chev Astro Van

I think its great that people of multiple generations can have so much to talk about. Classic cars are great conversation starters. I have a coworker who is 75 and we talk all the time about cars. <BR> When my 40-something boss saw my Buick in the parking lot it turned out to be a major ice-breaker between us, now we're buddy-buddy.<P>Tomsriv<BR>71 riv

I'm 19, got my 1972 Buick Skylark when i was 16. I've recently swapped out the '77 350 that was in it when i bought the car with a 72 455 out of a Riv GS. The 16 year old has me beat though, but still, when i GOT my car i was his age lol. Not many young ones around here. Though my car is called "The Buick" in my neck of the woods. I'm usually cruising around Clio Michigan, Monday's 5-8 at Dairy Queen on Vienna Road (M-57), and Advanced Auto parts on Wednesday's 6-8 also on Vienna Road (M-57). I've got the bright porsche red Buick Skylark. Yes, that means I live no more than 20 minutes from where Buick City. I grew up here, natural that my car was built there and hauled to one of the Carolina's and brought back home. I'd like to see more younger Buick owners around here.<P>Kyle

Well I'm 54 and have the following toys<BR>1915 Ford Brass era Touring<BR>1925 Buick Standard Roadster<BR>1934 Pontiac 2dr <BR>1950 Ford F1 Stake Bed Pickup