annoying ebay terms

let's have some fun. Please don't B/S us with the following list of adjectives on your sale items:

Rare

Classic

hard to find

one of a kind

in storage 30 years

N.O.S., but not really

antique

vintage

fits all buicks and all other makes

only second owner

actually milage 14k

ran when parked

elvis drove this

RARE;

Only because I have it and you don't. The most hated word i see, usually I don't even view this item, as it is used by an Antique dealer who has no idea it it is a rare item or not.

Second only to rare is NOS,

One you missed is ALMOST MINT, OR ALMOST NEW.

Quite often a sellers name may give an idea of who or what they are, also other items they are selling, will tell you about the seller.

BUYER BEWARE

Jim Schilf

palbuick@aol.com

I went to look at a car listed on eBay in the next town over from me,"ALL BODYWORK HAS BEEN DONE". I got there and found out that it had indeed been done, by blind chimpanzees using rocks. Just a 1-2 inch skim coat of bondo and it was ready for primer. Didn't make reserve.

The people I HATE are the people who have a crappy aftermarket accessory (Skull tire caps for example) and they list it with every year and every car make. This way I see it if I am looking for a part for my 33 Desoto or my 50 Buick or my 2001 riceburner I get to see them. This p***es me off to no end. I have to wade through fuzzy dice, skull tire caps and all kinds of other stuff to hopefully find what I want.

L@@K, is a cheap knock off Dean Moon's logo. "Would make a fine addition to your collection" is just a cute way of saying "I'm sick of this crap sitting around here and should take it back to the dump where got it." On several occasions I HAVE returned stuff to the dump where I got it, but I never used the above phrase in my eBay discription.

Guest greg72monte

The Aztek is a beauty next to a Honda Uglement....oh Element

Did they forget to finish painting it?

And they trash Pontiac for a lot of plastic.......

The Aztec design does tear the heart out of you when you see it...its SO D*&^%# UGLY...its FUGLY! Perhaps that is appropriate after all.

Wouldn't it be nice if the oil companies figured out a fuel that could be used in all cars...old and new...that is efficient and clean? Perhaps if we allowed them a monopoly on the returns they would. I would convert my fossel fuel burner to chicken droppings if they made it available and cheap. Hmmmmmm guess thats not happening. smirk.gif

I remember the ones that say "RESTORED" The 33 Ford with a 350 Chevy under the hood was called "Fully Restored" Humm, now a GM powerplant that didn't exist at the time in a Ford. That would be a "rare" option indeed!

There was a recent Amphicar auction that stated the car was "EVERYTHING IS IN WORKING ORDER - CAN BE USED ON THE HIGHWAY AND/OR IN YOUR LAKE RIGHT AWAY or can be brought to even more perfection doing just a little restauration !!!".

When you look at one of the photos, it was sitting on a log cleverly placed across 2 wheels. Must have been that Rare "oak axel" option! confused.gif It got one bid right away and then nothing. I think it was a fake bid to get interest. A slug is a slug.

Guest Skyking

Ha ha, the Honda Element...You know what it reminds me of everytime I see one. Do you remember the toy cars that crashed and fell apart? The fenders and bumpers would fall off. Then you could put them back on & do it again. How does anyone design something this bad??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha ha, the Honda Element...You know what it reminds me of everytime I see one. Do you remember the toy cars that crashed and fell apart? The fenders and bumpers would fall off. Then you could put them back on & do it again. How does anyone design something this bad?? </div></div>

Please people, take a moment and realize you are talking about real people here. A young person goes to school, college, studies design, art, composition as it relates to refracted light, graduates with honors, gets a job as design assistant with a worldwide giant auto maker, leaves their childs drawing of a car that was slipped into the brown bag lunch laying on their desk,the head of the design team grabs it as he rushes to the meeting to explain why he doesn't have a design idea this close to his teams deadline and wallah! From the side of the refrigerator to the american roads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MINT and CHERRY are great flavors for ice cream,lets leave it at that. </div></div>

I buy a lot of lp's on eBay that you pretty much can't get anywhere else, but it's risky. My favorite "mint" story is the lot of two "mint" albums I bought which, after scraping the dried plaster off of them, decided that they weren't worth keeping. shocked.gif And then there was the "very good +" lp that had some kind of spray glue on it that ripped the needle out of my cartidge.

And "mint" is actually a defined term (by <span style="font-style: italic">Goldmine</span>) for records.