1955 Talbot Lago T15 Baby

A very arcane example! I think the best feature is the model script on the back! more pics in ad.

https://monterey.craigslist.org/ctd/d/tacoma-1955-talbot-lago-t15-baby/7776161017.html

1955 Talbot Lago T15 Baby
Lot # 518
Lucky Collector Car Auctions (luckyoldcar.com)
Fall Classic 2024 Auto Auction
325 152nd St E, Tacoma, WA 98445
• Saturday, August 31, 2024
• 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM  LeMay Marymount Event Center 
In conjunction with the 46th LeMay Annual Show

1955 Talbot Lago T15 Baby 101414_a7XnjoCen0W_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00H0H_5duIyaqPX2R_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01717_hVYh5QnNNQC_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00303_5koFwoMlKeB_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00J0J_1BpfvrleLEr_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00404_l659FTNzjMK_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_6uIONagcusl_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg00B0B_h1MF4EasRqq_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this design is pretty pedestrian. There were definitely better styled cars offered by the American manufactures during that time. This example looks very well preserved and as alsancle says, it it definitely something you don’t see every day.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thundebird

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this design is pretty pedestrian.

Yes, I agree! It made me think of the Gilbern, a car built in Wales by "two blokes in a shed". (actually the Gilbern is better looking) 

Gilbern, gilbern invater, gilbern gt, gt, Wales, welsh, motoring, automotive, car and classic, carandclassic.co.uk, motoring, automotive, classic car, retro car, sports car

• Like 1

OK, you got me.......but I think they might have sold more with another name.  Glad RR didn't officially call the 20/25 the "Baby" or Ferrari calling the Dino "Baby".  If anything, it conjures up images of a chick car.....not that there's anything wrong with that! 😉

18 hours ago, alsancle said:

now there is something you don't see every day.

I think this is the only one I have seen!

16 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this design is pretty pedestrian. There were definitely better styled cars offered by the American manufactures during that time. This example looks very well preserved and as alsancle says, it it definitely something you don’t see every day.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thundebird

We know what opinions are like, but I really like this car. Not sure there were many 1955 American cars that were as stylish. Maybe a Studebaker, the T bird was nice, I think this one looks better than a 55 vette.

Were these coachbuilt?

Love the couch like back seat.  Something every sportscar should have, along with perhaps a small onboard library and some cigars...

That said, I love it.  I get Lew's opinion but these cars probably were not intended so much for the US market.

16 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

Yes, I agree! It made me think of the Gilbern, a car built in Wales by "two blokes in a shed". (actually the Gilbern is better looking) 

Gilbern, gilbern invater, gilbern gt, gt, Wales, welsh, motoring, automotive, car and classic, carandclassic.co.uk, motoring, automotive, classic car, retro car, sports car

Later Gilbern's , particular Invaders are much better looking.

• Like 1

This appears to be the same car, bodied by Barou and sold at Bonhams earlier this year for $57,120 inc. premium.

https://cars.bonhams.com/auction/29260/lot/50/1955-talbot-lago-t-15-baby-chassis-no-122022/

I always wonder about cars that come back on the market so quickly! 

1955 Talbot-Lago T-15 Baby   Chassis no. 122022 image 2

Actually $ 57 K almost seems reasonable given the history of Talbot Lago in general. And the current market value of almost every other model of Talbot Lago. The coachwork lacks eye appeal, but otherwise the car probably has more going for it than a quick glance might suggest. 

• Like 1