1951 Riley, not mine.

These are very sought after cars. Rodding one would be insane. Even without the engine 10 K sounds like a very attractive price. Buy a rotten 4 door as a donor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Where is the commonality here? Coachwork, mechanicals or just an interesting British Spirts car?  I don't see it in the bodywork but you guys no doubt know.

I also don't think it's anything like a post-war Jag, but there certainly is a community and support. A lot of features seem pre-war.  The most interesting part of them is their "Dual Underhead Cam" engine. 

• Like 1

Taking some liberties in your write up to generate enthusiasm and sell something. There’s nothing more American than that.

it’s a shame because the Reilly is a very cool car in it’s own right, but the absence of a drivetrain is a bummer.

it certainly isn’t an XK………. but different people see different things.  When we were dating, my wife told me that she thought an AMC pacer was an absolute copy of a Porsche 928. We’ve had a successful 38 year marriage with four children since that occurred. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, John Bloom said:

Taking some liberties in your write up to generate enthusiasm and sell something. There’s nothing more American than that.

it’s a shame because the Reilly is a very cool car in it’s own right, but the absence of a drivetrain is a bummer.

it certainly isn’t an XK………. but different people see different things.  When we were dating, my wife told me that she thought an AMC pacer was an absolute copy of a Porsche 928. We’ve had a successful 38 year marriage with four children since that occurred. 

At the risk of veering off topic many years ago I took my sister-in-law on a quick but very high speed ride in my slightly modified six speed 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo.  She was hanging on for dear life but multiple times thereafter referred to the car as my Subaru when describing the ride to others in the family… 🙄

Edited by kar3516 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kar3516 said:

At the risk of veering off topic many years ago I took my sister-in-law on a quick but very high speed ride in my slightly modified six speed 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo.  She was hanging on for dear life but multiple times thereafter referred to the car as my Subaru when describing the ride to others in the family… 🙄

Family can get away with crimes that we won’t tolerate with non-family members!

as for a Riley………. They are easy on the eyes.   Maybe someone can bring it back to life with an appropriate heart transplant

an example

image.jpeg.1f4a4cda3dbf9bbdbad4c6939a6274f0.jpeg

• Like 6

I tend to think of them being as much like an oversize Morgan as anything.  { Most of the Morgan models from around the same time period are relatively low performance compared to mid 1960's and newer Morgans }

Not really much like a XK series car at all, which was a really high performance car in the 1950's and 1960's .

The rare  " sports car " version of a well regarded British saloon car. Riley RM series sedan's.

• Like 2