Best Source (and price) for Drive Shaft Bearing Support on my 1965 Riviera

I searched eBay and found many offerings. They all say the part is Brand New. The prices ranged from $34 to $860 (Yike$ !!).

I only want to do this once in my lifetime - just turned 71. While replacing the Drive Shaft Bearing Support, I intend to replace all U-Joints (6??) and then a spin-balance of the assembly prior to re-installation.

So -- where?

BestOfferCounts?

CARS?

Other?

I imagine that these retailers are all getting the same product from the distributor/manufacturer.  I go mine from James at Bestoffercounts because he deals with you personally.

• Thanks 1

James at Best Offer Counts should be able to take care of you. Best thing to do with the u-joints is to find a shop familiar with doing these. As far as I can see there are no full kits available to do the CV joints. I’ve been looking for a full kit for years with no luck. 

Ray

• Thanks 1

I happened to meet a gent on a social basis that made drive shafts and universal joints in his shop AFTER I purchased his universal joints years ago. The parts were what I thought at the time expensive. ($100.00?). I was referred by a mechanic to buy the universals although expensive from the gent. The gent has since retired and sold his business. I'll find out where and from whom to buy some universal joint spares.

Turbinator

2 hours ago, Turbinator said:

The gent has since retired and sold his business. I'll find out where and from whom to buy some universal joint spares.

Turbinator

Thanx T

Standing by . . .

7 hours ago, Craig Balzer said:

I send him a message thru eBay a day ago

Still waiting on response

Craig,

I deal with James on a fairly regularly basis. Patience is the key. He is always very busy. He will get back to you. Try shooting him a text as well. 215-767-0845

Bill

I replaced all the u-joints on my '64 Riviera right before I went to the Buick Nationals in Sandusky, OH.

They were standard 1" internal clip joints. I had trouble with the Cardan body blocking the joint cross to drive the caps out of the old ones. I ended up cutting the cross with a torch, Once the cross was out I could use a punch to finish knocking the caps out. Reassembly was no problem.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Craig Balzer said:

Thanx T

Standing by . . .

Just go to Cars in NJ...oldbuickparts.com They have carried the center bearing support for years and may, in fact, be the same part James is retailing.

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

When I replaced the U-joints on my '67 I bought the new ones from Rock Auto.  They are available from many manufacturers at most any auto parts store.

A gent who had a shop that made universal u joints in Baltimore recommended Spicer U joints. The universal joints I bought from the gent took the vibration out of the propeller shafts on my 63. The gent retired and sold his building; however, he recommends Spicer.