1927 Ford race car $17,900

Definitely an interesting car! I hope one of the T crew can identify the OH conversion ( OLDS?). On the down side, the price seems like it might pretty high, even IF it were running, and....it's in Tonopah NV. 

I got a CL error message on the phone number.    more pics in ad....

email:  81b139757a6e349aa0fd2d27831162c2@sale.craigslist.org

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/tonopah-1927-model-racecar-original/7762260829.html#

1927 Model T Racecar, last raced in 1937 on a dirt track in Idaho. Raced in the Pacific N.W. The car has been out of the spotlight for the last 80 years. Has many in the day chassis and engine modifications used in the 20s and 30s. The engine turns over very smoothly by hand and needs to be final assembled to make run. I have newly re-babbitted rods and used pistons along with gaskets to complete the job. Only thing missing is a timer assembly. Has new 10 year old tires. Car comes with all pictured items including O.H.V. conversion and adapter plate. Could be put on the street also as I do have lights and windshield frame and stanchions. Car does have title also from 1940 Idaho. Very hard to find in the day car in this condition that car be raced at TROG and many vintage events such as Model T races. SORRY NO TRADES just need space been dragging around with me for 20 years. Original paint. Call Tony show contact info . LV message I will call back.

1927 Model T Racecar Original 100c0c_lytiA395Laz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00B0B_cyoAkP8yCYN_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00G0G_kro3CoRpbxd_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00707_6u81n8tOpDw_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_gps4beKWrMp_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00q0q_9SXpfuPh3YS_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00808_bxrLLFKDP6M_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The interior or what is there of an interior looks fairly genuine, but I find it hard to believe that this was a legit race car. Looks like maybe a period hot rod, cool enough in its own way but I would think a racer would have been a bit more sophisticated that what this appears to be.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, TAKerry said:

but I find it hard to believe that this was a legit race car

If you think about the "Jalopy" or "Hard Top Races" from 40 years ago, cars like this T were that class of cars when cars from the mid 30s were still relatively new. Last raced in 1937, when a Model T could probably be had for less than $20. Definitely the bottom rung on the racing ladder. 

Edited by Leif in Calif
left out a word (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Interesting car, thanks for posting.

I wonder if he has any documentation of its racing history? Or is it just stores that were passed along to him when he purchased it?

Ether way it would be fun to play with , at least for a little while.

John

Edited by JohnS25 (see edit history)

Clayton Paddison's car for what it is, is great! Although my personal preference is 1910s and early 1920s style speedsters and racing cars. Yeah, this thing was a bottom of the rung farm kid's racer, likely of the 1930s. If there is some documentation of it from back then, that would be a plus. 

It has some potential if you are into 1930s style "cut-downs" or "go-jobs". But I don't see a lot of value for what is there.

• Like 3