1956 Jaguar, not mine.

Agreed it will sell and the price is cheap.   I would argue that 50K buys a decent running and driving open car so that is a better idea, but I realize lots of people with 12K don't have 50K.

image.jpeg.20d47d6d61ba5b932b9bf477e3335abe.jpeg

• Like 5

The background car is an MGA. The Jag is pretty rough but I agree it will sell. If it were local I might check it out because my wife loves the XK coupes. I think the price is a little high based on some OTS versions I’ve seen advertised locally but someone might pay it. 

2 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

The background car is an MGA. The Jag is pretty rough but I agree it will sell. If it were local I might check it out because my wife loves the XK coupes. I think the price is a little high based on some OTS versions I’ve seen advertised locally but someone might pay it. 

Please post the OTS.

Posted (edited)

Jag made a lot of XK120/140/150s and 90% were delivered to America.  Much like a Corvette nobody ever tossed one and the two examples here prove that.   To me they are superior to any reasonably obtainable 1950s sports cars.   "Reasonable" rules out Ferrari and Aston Martin.

Prices vary a lot but the premium goes to OTS versions (specifically roadster) with the SE/C/S engine options that are matching head and block.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 7/9/2024 at 1:32 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

I did see that one, I watch for XK 120-150’s

I was watching a Roger Corman movie the other day, I think its the beast from the haunted sea. Def cheesey and campy. There was a secret agent named XK150, he kept calling XK120 on the radio and referred to agent 1-9-0-S-L.

Sorry for wandering off track.

• Like 1

Sale pending...

Would have liked to see it washed and cleaned up. Behind the rear fender it doesn't look too bad, right? It's quite unbelievable that there are still unrestored ones out there that someone keeps for ages. The welded front fender looks scary to me, though.... I know nothing about these cars. Hopefully, they are more spacious than the E types of my brother where you need to fold yourself in... 

Edited by Hans1965 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hans1965 said:

Sale pending...

Would have liked to see it washed and cleaned up. Behind the rear fender it doesn't look too bad, right? It's quite unbelievable that there are still unrestored ones out there that someone keeps for ages. The welded front fender looks scary to me, though.... I know nothing about these cars. Hopefully, they are more spacious than the E types of my brother where you need to fold yourself in... 

120 is very tight.  They added 3" of leg room in the 140 and that helps.   6 feet tall is probably about it.   Although a bit more in a 150 which is a bit bigger than the 150.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/10/2024 at 1:58 AM, alsancle said:

Jag made a lot of XK120/140/150s and 90% were delivered to America.  Much like a Corvette nobody ever tossed one and the two examples here prove that.   To me they are superior to any reasonably obtainable 1950s sports cars.   "Reasonable" rules out Ferrari and Aston Martin.

Prices vary a lot but the premium goes to OTS versions (specifically roadster) with the SE/C/S engine options that are matching head and block.

there are 693, 140 fixed head coupe cars made in 1956. ( vin. 815269 until 815966 )

397 of them with automatic transmission.

total ever build 8956 cars in 4 years starting in 1954.

restoration costs exceed the value of the car.

This car is actually too beautiful to break down into parts and the condition is not good enough to restore economically.

ideal for the enthusiast restorer who does not charge for the hours.

Edited by demco32 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:14 PM, Gearheadengineer said:

the car is worth a lot more in parts than what people ask for it, certainly a reasonable price.

the front wing now costs +/- € 6500 in reproduction and they don't really fit well.