1925 buick doctors coupe

I have what i believe to be a 1925 buick standard 6 doctors coupe which i inherited from my late father it needs restoration work but has been garaged for the last 50 years its a right hand drive with 70k miles dies anyone know what it would be worth please or an estimate of how much it would. Cost to restore 

A lot of pictures too. Inside, outside, engine etc...

The short answer is that unless it is in remarkably good condition, as in could be used as is, the cost of restoration would vastly exceed the value of the care when done. we get this question all the time and the answer is always the same. Influenced by idiotic television shows the general public is under the badly mistaken impression that car restoration is easy, cheap and fast when it's exactly the opposite. I'm not saying that is where you are coming from but it is where most of these questions come from. Take some photos and post them and you'll get many suggestions and some good information. This is the sort of car that appeals to the amateur enthusiast who can do most of his or her own work...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just the wood alone will cost more than the car is worth if it needs repair / replacement. { most do } Coupe's are quite rare , but don't fetch particularly high prices compared to the far more common touring car. Many buyers will prefer a touring. Back when new Doctors needed a car for use in all weather  for patient calls so coupe's became popular with them. These days cars like 1920's Buicks are rarely used in poor weather conditions so roadsters and touring's work just fine for what 99% of owners use them for.

Posted (edited)

The official GM name is 1925 Buick Standard Six Four Passenger Coupe. I have one, an older 1970's restoration that still shows well. Just to give you an idea of expenses involved, I sourced and restored the front and rear bumpers/bumperettes. By the time they were on the car I had about $6000 (CDN) in them. A pair of correct stirrup door handles cost $500 to restore (including purchase). Upholstery was already done on mine, but the passenger jump seat was missing and had to be fabricated. Finding correct upholstery now is difficult and expensive. If the body wood is rotten, KA-CHING !

I value mine at about $17000. It runs, drives (about 40-45 MPH) and stops and looks very presentable, but the old enamel paint is showing some "patina". Hope this helps.

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

Puttin' on the Ritz 001.JPG

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)

danid:

Again as said photos are a must. Check the data plate on the right side of the firewall.

As it is a RH drive vehicle it would be considered an export model. It would be adviseable to also post on the Buick Pre-War forum.

20230114_182216.jpg.6a0e7ce7e6d58189a0495627038de0ca.jpg

Note the stamping of 25-25 as model number. Mr. Boland's car is a Model 25-28.

1925-26.jpg.b5ed67218e5869bd6c8a87175cbf7f8c.jpgAlso available was the 2 passenger Model 25-26. As well as a Model 26S sport Coupe. Only 550 made.

1925-26Sfront.jpg.2cd78ff4d4b9c96a5a6a078c7b838a19.jpg1925-26Srear.jpg.a8ca9332c78d28642e0daefd446e2bb8.jpg

Edited by dibarlaw
Added content (see edit history)
  • Like 7

That model 26S Sport Coupe would look great parked next to my Rickenbacker with the oval window and landau bars to match.

• Like 3