For Sale: 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman Brougham, 83K miles - Project - $4,900 - Corktown-Detroit, MI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman Brougham, 83K miles - Project - $4,900 - Corktown-Detroit, MI

1974 cadillac fleetwood brougham for sale by owner - Detroit, MI - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman Brougham. Rare ''Talisman'' edition. Front and rear center consoles. Daily driver condition. Engine runs well but has a lifter tick. Brakes are low and spongy; they will need attention. Car presents very nice. Paint has a good shine and gloss, but rust bubbling is present. Interior is very nice. No rips or tares in seats. Sold As Is. Price; $4900. Firm. odometer: 83500
Copy and paste in your email: 12fc082f78913cc68864450d3985af63@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Talisman Brougham, 83K miles - Project
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states: "Even more ostentatious was the Talisman group with four-place seating in Medici crushed velour armchair style seats; full-length center consoles with writing set in front and rear vanity; reclining front passenger seat; assist straps; special Turbine wheel discs; seatback pockets, deep-pile carpeting, floor mats, stand-up hood ornament and special rear roof pillar Fleetwood Talisman scripts."

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI a.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI b.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI c.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI d.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI e.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI f.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI g.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI h.jpg

'74 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD TALISMAN MI i.jpg

I guess there's a reason I've never seen a real live Talisman. With cloth interior it added $1800 to the Sixty Special Brougham's $9537 base price; leather Talisman trim was $2450. 

Thought these had Talisman scripts on the roof or quarter panels?

The Talisman package is highly desirable

among Cadillac fans.  I drove one once, when

it belonged to a business as an executive car.

My juvenile impression was:  Push the accelerator

pedal, wait a moment, and float down the road.

(At least that was the impression to me who

had never driven such a thing before.)

This should find an appreciative home without

too much trouble.  Thanks for noticing this rare

car, Steve.

Effectively a 1974 Cadillac arm chair Beverly.  E L Cord would be proud. 

10 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

"The Talisman package is highly desirable among Cadillac fans. "..."This should find an appreciative home without

too much trouble.  Thanks for noticing this rare car, Steve."

You're welcome.  It was easy for me; I recall how after picking up a 1974 Cadillac sales brochure at the dealership, immediately recognizing the configuration as that of the Classic Era Cord armchair Beverly and the Duesenberg J Arlington by Rollston, the "Twenty Grand".    Marketing immediately began 'watering the Talisman down' for 1975 when the individual armchair rear seat configuration was replaced by the conventional rear seat with fold-down armrest. 

Yes, there should be "Fleetwood Talisman" scripts on the roof sail panels. 

11 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I guess there's a reason I've never seen a real live Talisman. With cloth interior it added $1800 to the Sixty Special Brougham's $9537 base price; leather Talisman trim was $2450. 

Thought these had Talisman scripts on the roof or quarter panels?

It's also missing the Fleetwood script emblem that goes on the trunk, the chrome piece that goes on the hood just above the grille, and the chrome piece that goes on the trunk just above the license plate.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

My juvenile impression was:  Push the accelerator

pedal, wait a moment, and float down the road.

(At least that was the impression to me who

had never driven such a thing before.)

I think that impression would still hold up. Definitely a car to be driven in, rather than drive! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Dahoodlum said:

Is this 1974 Cadillac Talisman still available?

Dahoodlum:

The For Sale - Not Mine forum is where those of us who search other on-line sites for interesting old car repost the photos and information supplied by the seller.  In the cases were the sellers list their phone number, it is possible contact the seller directly after the original on-line listing is gone. Which in this case the seller did not do.
Unfortunately, with the Craigslist email response system, when the listing is gone, so is the ability to contact the seller if no photo number was supplied, as is the situation here. 
You might continue to check the Detroit Craigslist for Cars & Trucks listing for the area where this car was posted on the chance the seller might relist the car for sale.  
Good luck with your pursuit of the car of your dreams.  You might also continue to check here for the 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham with leather interior which if a good one should turn up, we will re-post the advertisement here as well, hopefully the seller will include a phone number.

Steve