Mud flaps / Splash guards for last generation Riviera 1997 WTB

Hi all,

Did GM/Buick offer an OEM set of front and rear mud flaps / splash guards for the 1995-1999 Buick Riviera? Gather if they did, these would be a small, close fitting contoured guard rather than the older style flat rubber flap.

The lower door panel and rear quarter panels get dirty very very quickly as there is nothing to stop any splash, or even worse, stones being kicked up onto those areas and I can see the paint work on these lower sections deteriorating very very quickly.

1. Does anyone know if these guards were offered.

2. If so would someone be able to post a close up photo? (Perhaps from an accessory brochure)

3. Would someone have a set (new or used) that they wish to sell?

4. would someone be able to post the part numbers to aid my search?

cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Posted (edited)

Rodney, love your description “mud flaps”.

The mud flaps do a great job keeping mud off the car.

I know for a fact country/ mountain folk in America ( in my area) used  aftermarket mud flaps  and decorated the flaps with different color reflectors and chrome trim.

The cars with mud flaps usually had fender skirts.

The mud guards you are asking forv Im sure go very well with the Buick design.

IMG_2600.jpeg

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

Rodney---take alook at this ---pm you.

8 hours ago, EmTee said:

Mud flaps really detract from the lines of the car.  Maybe consider using something like this instead...

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Scotchgard-Clear-Protection-84-inches/dp/B004VFYCZE

3M Car Paint Protection Film (Provide A Tough Shield For Car's Paint)

Yes, they will detract from the design. But the amount of grime the panels collect in a short time is phenomenal. Tending toward trying to find a set that is moulded or can be moulded to the contours of the body rather than the older flat style shown in Bernie’s post. 

Maybe modify a set of Firebird fender flares to fit the body?  That won't be cheap, but if painted to match, they would look like an extension of the fender.

Find 1979 1980 1981 79 80 81 Firebird Trans Am left rear fender flare ...

Since they normally sit at the front of the wheel opening they would have to be installed on opposite sides (i.e., L->R & R->L) to fit behind the wheel.

Not all accessories are factory supplied. Many aftermarket options can be blended aesthetically to go far beyond what the designers ever dreamed of.

!Bq9PHN!!Wk(KGrHqYOKjoEuZqIE765BL)nM98kLw_3.JPG.d86cd2baed133004cbbaa909f92f2d94.JPG

If this man had lived at a time when Mother's Detail Spray and microfiber towels were available a splash of mud wouldn't have had a chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2