For Sale: 1947 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan - $18,000 - Tallahassee, FL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1947 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan - $18,000 - Tallahassee, FL

1947 Chrysler for sale by owner - Tallahassee, FL - craigslist

Seller's Description:

1947 Chrysler New Yorker great condition. 4 door Suicide doors, 6-volt, in-line 8-cylinder flat head with Fluid Drive. All gauges work and electrical system operate as they should. Car runs and looks great! Odometer was broken but has been repaired.
Copy and paste in your email: 29ab85b492ff33df9243dcd8ffcda845@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan.

'47 Chrysler NY'er FL a.jpg

'47 Chrysler NY'er FL b.jpg

'47 Chrysler NY'er FL c.jpg

'47 Chrysler NY'er FL d.jpg

'47 Chrysler NY'er FL e.jpg

• Like 6

Here we go again, and again, and again.  The reason there are so many of these great '40's MoPars around is that they are truly bullet-proof!  If they are well cared for (and this one seems to have been exceptionally well cared for), they will continue to deliver mile after mile of trouble-free comfort and enjoyment.  The price on this one seems a bit on the high side, but on the other hand, the level of original preservation appears to be on the high side as well.  As long as you like green, you can't go wrong here!  I know @Jeff Perkins / Mn will agree with me.

• Like 7

Very nice car. Pictures of the front chromework would help sell the car, if the chrome is as nice as the rest of the car. The pot metal on these tends to pit, and if the grill, and hood ornament, door handles, and taillights are pitless, the car is a buy. They are wonderful drivers and beautiful to look at.

That's an awesome New Yorker and I do like green!  A few more pictures would be nice. I love the upholstery it looks so inviting. I would agree that the price is high but you're getting a whole lot of "nice car" for your money!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I would say they steer pretty much like any other big car without power steering -- in other words, with considerable difficulty!   Parking lots can be tricky, but the real bear is parallel parking on the street.

17 hours ago, Fossil said:

How do these cars steer in a parking lot?

I noticed a very big difference when I installed radial tires on my ‘48. Much easier than    bias tires.  The trick is to get moving, even a little bit and steering is much easier. Or…I maybe I have he-man arms…..‍.                      ♀️

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

The trick is to get moving, even a little bit and steering is much easier.

That is the key, even with bias ply tires.  If you just get it rolling the slightest bit, it makes a huge difference.  My '41 Buick Super is the same way.  Or you have to have he-man arms like Jeff! 😜

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

The trick is to get moving, even a little bit and steering is much easier. 

I was told when learning to drive on a non-power steering car: When turning the steering wheel, the wheels have to be turning."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2024 at 8:06 PM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Or…I maybe I have he-man arms…..‍.                      ♀️

Arm circumference is directly proportional to the number of cars you have without power steering!

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3