For Sale: 1948 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan, Highlander interior, 72K miles - $15,500 - Carlisle, PA- Not Mine

For Sale: 1948 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan, Highlander interior, 72K miles - $15,500 - Carlisle, PA

1948 chrysler new yorker for sale by owner - Carlisle, PA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Nice original car. Seats, bumpers, and paint were done about 20 years ago. You can still get touch up paint for it (that we have) everything works except the tube radio and the clock. It’s a nice driver and show it on the weekends. Fluid drive transmission. Straight 8. It will be at the spring Carlisle auto show starting tomorrow. Thanks for looking. odometer: 72476
Copy and paste in your email: 43881a44bd2c39eaa3685a9930682b17@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1948 Chrysler New Yorker 4dr Sedan.

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA a.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA b.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA c.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA d.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA e.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA f.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA g.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA h.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA i.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA j.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA k.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA l.jpg

'48 Chrysler NY'er PA m.jpg

• Like 4

This Chrysler New Yorker was displayed at Spring Carlisle at a prominent location at the east end of the food court at the grandstand. It was an attractive original car that was just as described in the ad and it got lots of attention. However by late Saturday afternopn it still had the For Sale sign on it.

Edited by The 55er (see edit history)
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, The 55er said:

This Chrysler New Yorker was displayed at Spring Carlisle at a prominent location at the east end of the food court at the grandstand. It was an attractive original car that was just as described in the ad and it got lots of attention. However by late Saturday afternopn it still had the For Sale sign on it.

@The 55er  Glad to hear the car is as described. Gives us respect for the seller. 

Not to highjack the thread too badly, but, were cars selling in the car corral?  It seems the Carlisle auction took all the steam out of car sales at the car corral during the years I have visited the show.  

There's a sweet car there for the money! The plaid interior looks a bit busy for my tastes but overall I do like the car!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, deac said:

There's a sweet car there for the money! 

Definitely!  It's always encouraging to see an

excellent car, realistically priced.  Thank you,

Steve, for the posting, and to Mr. 55er for

corroborating the quality first-hand.

Our forum community does a lot of good for each other.

• Thanks 1