In need of wiring routing photos 1928 Dodge Standard Six

I have new wire harnesses from Rhode Island Wiring and am about to install them on my car. I inherited the car from my father after he passed away and the car was in mid restoration at that time (23 years ago). I have finally started to finish the restoration and have made great progress so far. My issues is that there is no old wire harness in the car for a visual reference as to where it goes and how it's held in. I have searched many pictures and info so I have an idea however I'd love to have some photos of other peoples cars. I have a tin full of original clips that came off the car and beautiful new harnesses, I just need some direction for installation. Pictures of the front and rear frame routing, under dash routing and clip/fastener positions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

thumbnail_image13.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8428.jpg

• Like 1

I have a new harness in my Victory six so I’d imagine it would be very similar. So if you have no luck finding a standard I’d be happy to take some pictures for you. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 2:05 PM, Jeramie said:

I have new wire harnesses from Rhode Island Wiring and am about to install them on my car. I inherited the car from my father after he passed away and the car was in mid restoration at that time (23 years ago). I have finally started to finish the restoration and have made great progress so far. My issues is that there is no old wire harness in the car for a visual reference as to where it goes and how it's held in. I have searched many pictures and info so I have an idea however I'd love to have some photos of other peoples cars. I have a tin full of original clips that came off the car and beautiful new harnesses, I just need some direction for installation. Pictures of the front and rear frame routing, under dash routing and clip/fastener positions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

thumbnail_image13.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8428.jpg

Probably doesn't help much for what you need, but posting it just in case it might help you and others at a later date.

IMG_6336.jpeg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

I have a new harness in my Victory six so I’d imagine it would be very similar. So if you have no luck finding a standard I’d be happy to take some pictures for you. 

That would great if you would! I know these cars are a little different but at the same time very similar. Any information is good information. Thank you. 

11 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Probably doesn't help much for what you need, but posting it just in case it might help you and others at a later date.

IMG_6336.jpeg

I do have a wiring diagram already however the info at the bottom of this is very helpful. Looks like there's another book I need to find. Thank you for this.

• Like 1

Jeramie  below are some pics of 128 4 cylinder layout that is the same basic wiring harness as the 130 6 cylinder . The main cable from under the dash goes down the right side to the junction block and than  branches forward and rear , forward to the generator and lights up the in side of the radiator shell , the rear to the brake light switch at the base of the peddle and than to the tail light ., as this is a right hand drive car all goes down the right side . For left one would expect that your  harness would come out through the firewall  to the junction block headlights forward and brake and tail light wire would go down the left side . The Master Parts Book show listing for left and right harness .I suggest that you lay the harness out on the floor as a trial and check the position of the wires , its a simple harness ,not that much in it . Bob

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

Edited by robert b (see edit history)
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Matt, where did the killer oil can come from with the DB wings? 

I found the oil can on eBay and the wings were generously given to me by someone on here,  I just forget who. That’s pretty bad of me isn’t it. I thought that was a great place for them to go. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Minibago said:

I thought they were fitted as standard?

True Minibago, but I think Doug meant with the wings on the can. I too was wondering about the addition of the wings. 

Nice touch @Mattml430

What was the wings emblem originally used on (if you know), or was it some sort of smaller hat pin originally?

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

True Minibago, but I think Doug meant with the wings on the can. I too was wondering about the addition of the wings. 

Nice touch @Mattml430

What was the wings emblem originally used on (if you know), or was it some sort of smaller hat pin originally?

There is a guy on Ebay selling all sorts of things with those wings glued onto them. They are not factory items.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Nice touch @Mattml430

It was a hat pin and I just took the pin off. 

Thank you everyone for the information and pictures. It's great to have resources like this to keep the old cars going. Since this post I have been schooled that my car is actually a 1929 Standard Six because it has interior handles for the doors, not the levers up by the windows. I could still use more pictures if there's any out there. I inherited the car in boxes so it is a challenge. Thanks again.