1918 Stutz Bulldog $85,000

No idea about price or correctness, but I definitely like it a lot!

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1918-stutz-bulldog-calgary-alberta-2763458

The Car is 100% Rust Free and the Original Wood is All Very Solid and 99% of it is Perfect. The Body is Extremely Solid! It Has the Original Leather Upholstery from 1918.
The Convertible Top was Replaced a Few Years Ago. The Car was Repainted in the 1970's with Nice Patina and has a number of Imperfections in the Paint.
A Lot of Mechanical Work has just been Completed such as: Complete Valve and Lifter Rebuild, Carburetor and Magneto Both Rebuilt, New Sparkplugs, and Rewired the Entire Car with Correct Woven Type Wire, Matching the Original Wiring that was on the Car from 1918. (Even the Wiring Number Stickers from the Factory were on the backside of one of the Headlamp Reflectors from 1918. The Wiring was of Course Replaced).  Also Completed are a Cooling System Flush and Replacement of Hoses, Oil Change etc.
This Car Runs and Drives Beautifully. As You Can See in the Video. It Has an Incredible Amount of Power, and is Extremely Tight with Steering Like it is New: and with Brakes That Work Very Well! 
With this Car Having the Very Advanced Stutz Patented 3-Speed Transaxle, It is Very Easy to Shift Gears and Does Not Require Double-Clutching! This Transaxle with Remote Shift Lever is Factory Original. 
The Model S has a Very Advanced Twin-Cam 16 Valve Twin-Plug  4 Cylinder 360 CID (5.9 L) Motor Producing 100 HP. It is Clear that the Factory was Not Exaggerating that the Car Can Easily Reach 75 mph (120 kph).
 My Stutz is Currently Registered (Titled) in Alberta and is Insured for Driving. It also has both an Arizona Title, and Nebraska Title.
I am Only Selling Because of Shuffling My Collection.

1918 Stutz Bulldog141065664.jpg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Fenders are not correct. Look more like 1928 - 29 Model A Ford.

• Like 1

Like it a lot as well. And it is almost next door to me just over the mountains in Alberta. But 85K is way out of my reach. Seems like a lot of money for a post Brass Era Stutz with incorrect fenders.

It does look like a pretty decent , long term preservation car with lots of history in the hobby. The bright red may or may not be your thing.  I wonder what color it was back in 1918 ?

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Although they wouldn't be period authentic, this Stutz just cries out for cycle-style fenders and step-plates when the later 1920's fenders are replaced.  The close-coupled four-passenger Tourer has such nice proportions, the body mass ends ahead of the rear axle plane, finishes with that small integrated deck.  When the color is changed to period authentic, this Stutz will be a real heartbreaker!

• Like 4

I think this car (pre restoration?) was shared here a few years ago. I recall a very similar Stutz Bulldog with very similar wrong fenders on it in otherwise very original condition. The color at that time was also red, however the paint was not fresh looking. I wonder how long the current owner has had it?