Picked it up a couple years ago and now time to get it rideable,just sent the check for a correct fork and fenders and will be looking for a set of rims. It had been wrecked as evidence of the bent fork and the remains of the axle in the fork,been hanging in a friend's dad's shed for many years and I have a feeling it was not too old when it was damaged.

IMG_20240331_163416607.jpg

• Like 4

Cool bike!  Not many kids that I knew had a Schwinn back in the day.  I had an AMF Roadmaster, the poor kids similar bike but far from as well built as the Schwinn.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2024 at 8:21 PM, TerryB said:

Cool bike!  Not many kids that I knew had a Schwinn back in the day.  I had an AMF Roadmaster, the poor kids similar bike but far from as well built as the Schwinn.

Only one on my neighborhood had a Schwinn,I had a AMF and the rest Huffys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Yes!  My first one in 1951 came from Western Auto.   LUSTED after a Black Phantom.

Ben

Well before my time, LOL. I was born in '64. My bicycle years were all about banana seats and ape hanger handle bars! The bikes with the shifter on the horizontal tube were the best. I had a good friend with all of the above only his had an actual steering wheel instead of handle bars. That one was the one bike that I wanted more than anything.

I bought a Schwinn multi speed 26” bike to ride on local rail trails about 20 years ago.  It was not the original Schwinn company but hey, it still said Schwinn !

• Like 1