1910-12 Oldsmobile Limited

12 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Just found this among my "stuff"!

Limited Classified ad.jpg

The 90 hp roadster advertised has 29 inch wheels (38X4-1/2).  Wouldn't that make it an Autocrat not a Limited?  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Most impressive vehicle I’ve ever seen. What a great day I had viewing the Limited and talking to @dpeeler

Without him letting me know about this event I would’ve missed out. My first Concours event was a great impression thanks to him and his wife. …The car too!

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0533.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Do I see an electric light bulb inside that brass lamp? Beautiful car but one may ask why bother to electrify a car of this quality unless it was driven on the road a lot?

Word now has it that we will see another Limited being shown for the first time soon at an AACA show...it is registered right now.  So happy this great car is being recognized so much.

Today we got a title for our 1908 Limited Prototype that was signed by Barney Pollard!!  It is a treasure to have his signature and to know that at one time he owned it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Word now has it that we will see another Limited being shown for the first time soon at an AACA show...it is registered right now.  So happy this great car is being recognized so much.

Today we got a title for our 1908 Limited Prototype that was signed by Barney Pollard!!  It is a treasure to have his signature and to know that at one time he owned it.

Wow, what a significant piece of history. I hope that will be displayed with the car. I'll never forget the first time I saw Barney's cars all hung up by the back axles. Was the Olds one of them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raybelf said:

The Oldsmobile Limited had side lamps that were both Kerosene and Electric from the factory.

Ray Belf

Really! Learned something new today. Thanks.

• Like 2

Ray and his family probably have more seat time in a Limited than anyone else on the planet!  Their Limited has been on countless tours over the years so yes he is correct about the combination lights.

Terry, we know that Barney had several Olds including another 1908 Touring and a Curved Dash (I bought it from his daughter). When I first heard about our car it was apart in Texas.  Not sure what the condition was when it was sold to Glenn.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

What is interesting about this car is there is no fixed glass windshield, or 'A'-pillars to support the front section of the top.  

Craig

On 5/5/2024 at 8:03 PM, BobinVirginia said:

Earned

IMG_7741.jpeg

IMG_1898.jpeg

It is nice to see a brass era car getting top honors at a Concours.  I had the opportunity to see the car at Charlotte. To see the car in person really underscores the level of detail and outstanding workmanship that produced this restoration.   

Congratulations to David for a well-deserved Best of Show win!  

• Like 4